Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uninstall IE9?
Uninstall IE9?
I run Windows 7 and use Google Chrome as my primary browser. Would it cause an issue if I uninstall IE9? Will one of you computer geniuses please help me! Thanks Wink
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
RE: Uninstall IE9?
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-uninst...m-preview/
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
I know how to uninstall it. I need to know if it will cause an issue on my computer since, to my knowledge, some things in Windows 7 need IE to run properly.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(March 19, 2011 at 1:31 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: I run Windows 7 and use Google Chrome as my primary browser. Would it cause an issue if I uninstall IE9? Will one of you computer geniuses please help me! Thanks Wink

Don't bother, you're going to save 60mb disk space roughly. Lots of programs with web interfaces use IE too, even if it doesn't cause problems now it might be a pain in the ass later.

IE9 is a pretty good browser anyway.
(March 19, 2011 at 10:14 pm)theVOID Wrote:
(March 19, 2011 at 1:31 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: I run Windows 7 and use Google Chrome as my primary browser. Would it cause an issue if I uninstall IE9? Will one of you computer geniuses please help me! Thanks Wink

Don't bother, you're going to save 60mb disk space roughly. Lots of programs with web interfaces use IE too, even if it doesn't cause problems now it might be a pain in the ass later.

IE9 is a pretty good browser anyway.

It's terrible for me! It never works as well as Chrome for me.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
It's not as good as Chrome or Firefox, but as far as IE releases go it's pretty good.

Don't bother uninstalling it.
I'm with theVOID. Uninstalling it is likely to cause more problems in the future than leaving it alone. If you don't like it just don't use it. What is the point of uninstalling it other than freeing up a few MB of hard drive space which in this day and age account for almost nothing?

It's almost like saying "I don't use notepad but notepad++ instead, so I want to remove it from my computer to free 200 KB of space". Totally pointless and likely to cause more harm than good.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
Just delete the shortcuts if you don't want to see it and then forget all about it..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
60 MB is enough space for another few songs! It must be free for the sake of musical appreciation! ^_^

And we're all about freedom and personal space here anyway... it wouldn't do to enslave any part of the poor computer's storage to Internet Explorer: THINK OF THE MUSIC! Skunk

No, i really have no idea what you should do about it... so I suggest you listen to the smart people here and leave it alone. That's right: do not listen to me, I am crazy. And also not smart. Follow the instructions and you won't be toast. Avoiding toasters helps too. Oh just ignore me, I'm venting while I wait for an antivirus to download. Whoever invented wait-times should be drug out into the street and shot. Twice. With banana phones. The kind that take pictures.

I need to switch over to my Mac partition to listen to my music, but I also need to level in Rift! And Pokemon Black and White are arriving here in about 2.5 hours! And I need to sleep! And fix the fire. Why can't everything just work out perfectly for once? Dodgy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
You can't access files on your mac partition from your M$ partition!!! What!!! Tongue