Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC to Sue Promise Keepers//Proud Boys
DC to Sue Promise Keepers//Proud Boys
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/d-c-at...37537.html

A couple questions.....
1. Who do they sue? I doubt either of those groups have a list of all members. How can the plaintiff (DC) identify who is to respond? If you CAN prove that a person is a member - how can that person get a fair trial? Are all respondants entitled to their own lawyer???

2. Do you think this kind of monkeyfuck is a good idea??? Will you still think it' s a good idea when " the other side" uses the same tactic? Because - they will.

I wonder if Portland, Seattle and all the other cities that suffered damage and deaths (and there was more than DC) will sue BLM and ANTIFA into oblivion???

Protest - sue - protest - sue -  repeat as necessary.
RE: DC to Sue Promise Keepers//Proud Boys
1. They sue the named parties, as explicitly laid out in their lawsuit. Which you can read here to answer that question.

https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.com/n...63.#page=1

2. Yes. Holding terrorists and terrorist organizations feet to the fire is an imperative. Any time you don't, whatever they did is just practice for the next and improved attempt at the same thing.

To the extra credit - It's hard to sue antifa as an organization, since there isn't one. Easier to sue BLM, got any ideas? Rhetorical, I'm sure you do.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Bwaaahahahaha

Jesus ...

Are these cunts for REAL???

Read to the bottom of respondents...

"John Does 1-50".

Hilarious

Hey counselor - isn' t that a motherfucking BIT vague???
They’re formally organized groups with CEOs, boards of directors, membership lists, bank accounts, etc. Suing them should prove no more difficult than suing Exxon or The Salvation Army.

Boru
_______

I looked this bit up: Naming a John Doe in a lawsuit is actually an accepted and fairly common legal procedure. It means that the person has not been positively identified at the time the suit was filed, but their actions regarding the lawsuit are known to the plaintiffs. It’s done primarily to ensure that any statutory time limits don’t expire.

As a fr’instance, let’s say you have major surgery and feel you might be the victim of malpractice. Since you were (it is to be hoped) unconscious during the surgery, you can’t positively identify all the people in the operating room. So, your attorney files suit against, ‘St. Bingo Teaching Hospital and Dr. John Doe’ to preserve the time limit until the hospital coughs up the records of who did what.
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Only a lawyer would find accusing somebody you haven' t named yet as acceptable.

Edit to add

Why not throw in a few extra charges of wrongdoing?

Those might turn up too....

Dodgy
Only lawyers find themselves charging anybody with anything. As Boru explained, it's common practice to allow space for unidentified co-conspirators materially attested to.

Vague? Not so much. 50 people out of the entire us populace of 300+million is exceedingly specific and narrow. It's not as if johns and janes doe 1-50 could just as easily refer to you, for example.....unless.....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
50 people that you haven' t named...
What a load of shit....

Say their case begins going sideways... The plaintiff can refuse to name any more defendants - then when they lose - they get a second whack by filing " new" charges.....

But - if things are going their way - they can name new defendants right up till before resting....
(December 14, 2021 at 6:57 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Only a lawyer would find accusing somebody you haven' t named yet as acceptable.

Edit to add

Dodgy

It’ll work out to everyone’s satisfaction. Once the Boys and the Keepers realize what deep shit the lawsuit puts them in, they’ll produce the actual names with a speed that would make Usain Bolt gulp with disbelief. For all their bluster, they’re cowards who will peach on their mates to save their own skins.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 14, 2021 at 7:07 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 14, 2021 at 6:57 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Only a lawyer would find acycusing somebody you haven' t named yet as acceptable.

Edit to add

Dodgy

It’ll work out to everyone’s satisfaction. Once the Boys and the Keepers realize what deep shit the lawsuit puts them in, they’ll produce the actual names with a speed that would make Usain Bolt gulp with disbelief. For all their bluster, they’re cowards who will peach on their mates to save their own skins.

Boru
And you are of course assuming that the actual named members did all the dirty - 

And not some random. anonymous asshat who tagged along for the party......
Just looked up another bit of relevant law: a judge will put a time limit on the plaintiffs to positively identify the John Does in a lawsuit. If the plaintiffs fail to do so, the unnamed respondents will be removed from the suit.

This means that, by the time the suit gets to court, there will be no unnamed respondents. 

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why I'm Proud To Be A Kiwi BrianSoddingBoru4 13 584 May 21, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1634 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Just A Dumb Ol Boys, never thinking at all. Brian37 10 1165 May 26, 2019 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1497 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Go Get Him, Boys. Earn Your Keep! Minimalist 4 572 June 15, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Wait A Moment Boys Minimalist 11 4265 May 13, 2017 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Spend Less Time Praying Boys Minimalist 13 3116 April 25, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Sanctuary cities starting to sue abaris 18 1540 February 2, 2017 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Parents of Americans killed in Benghazi sue Hillary Clinton account_inactive 3 792 August 13, 2016 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  BBC News: Officials hunting 1,000 London boys in illegal schools TubbyTubby 3 1388 March 31, 2016 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist