Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typerracer
Typerracer
Not sure if this is the right section.

But there is somewhere to race others via typing. It's called Typeracer. Feel free to Google it or not. I won't post the link because I'm not permitted to post links yet.

I enjoy typing.

It's a way to test your typing speed competitively against others. I do lose sometimes. My record, so far, is 111 words per minute with 100% accuracy across 3 minutes. But I am usually much slower and clumsier than that.

If anybody wants to play it with me and they have Discord then please contact me by PM and I'll give you my Discord tag. We can communicate and arrange games.
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure
Exclamation 
RE: Typerracer
My typing is so- so ....

But...

If you want to go head to head in international morse code - I' m your guy.

I got my speed key certificate in the service by copying 50 wpm at 100% accuracy.

Smile
(February 10, 2022 at 6:20 pm)The L Wrote: Not sure if this is the right section.

But there is somewhere to race others via typing. It's called Typeracer. Feel free to Google it or not. I won't post the link because I'm not permitted to post links yet.

I enjoy typing.

It's a way to test your typing speed competitively against others. I do lose sometimes. My record, so far, is 111 words per minute with 100% accuracy across 3 minutes. But I am usually much slower and clumsier than that.

If anybody wants to play it with me and they have Discord then please contact me by PM and I'll give you my Discord tag. We can communicate and arrange games.

I manage about 60 wpm, the benefit of six years of writing term papers to deadline. I don’t really feel the need to get faster.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Much of my typing is numeric, what with being a bookkeeper and all. But I do okay. I can kick ass on a 10-key...I have taken 10-key tests and scored 12K with 99% accuracy. I usually know I have hit an incorrect key as soon as I do.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(February 10, 2022 at 6:44 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Much of my typing is numeric, what with being a bookkeeper and all.  But I do okay.  I can kick ass on a 10-key...I have taken 10-key tests and scored 12K with 99% accuracy.  I usually know I have hit an incorrect key as soon as I do.

Muscle memory.

I can tell if I flubbed a shot with a rifle. I can tell if it went high, right ( or whatever) without looking.