Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reporting buzzwords
Reporting buzzwords
Got a word or phrase that the media loves to spew that just pisses you off?

"Moving forward". 

Oh stfu... Just say "from now on" you wordy fuck. Nobody is impressed with your convoluted bullshit.

Got one?
RE: Reporting buzzwords
Nope. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Ya know the cop who pulled her gun instead of her taser and killed the guy during a traffic stop?

On the radio today they are talking about the short sentence she got and describing the traffic stop as chaotic. That's some spin for ya.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(February 18, 2022 at 6:52 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Got a word or phrase that the media loves to spew that just pisses you off?

"Moving forward". 

Oh stfu... Just say "from now on" you wordy fuck. Nobody is impressed with your convoluted bullshit.

Got one?

"First time since" 

"Breaking news" still kept up on a story hours or days old.
There's a news show that when they report the weather, they always say, "Live Megadoppler 7000 HD", MANY times during the report. They must get royalties for that.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(February 18, 2022 at 7:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Nope. 

Boru

Sez the spelling policeman.....

Razz
(February 18, 2022 at 11:16 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(February 18, 2022 at 7:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Nope. 

Boru

Sez the spelling policeman.....

Razz

If I were a spelling policeman, I'd shoot bad spellers in the back as they were running away from me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"They showed up dead".
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
"alleged" I know they have to say it for legal reasons, but sometimes it's a bit ridiculous.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(February 19, 2022 at 11:45 am)Angrboda Wrote: "alleged"  I know they have to say it for legal reasons, but sometimes it's a bit ridiculous.

That one’s fair. 

‘Here, we see video of the alleged arsonist allegedly setting the alleged fire which allegedly burned down the alleged kindergarten school.’

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future Buzzwords onlinebiker 3 562 January 14, 2020 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama