Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there an infinite range of perfect circles.
Is there an infinite range of perfect circles.
It's true that if you define a circle as having the same radius all the way round from your centre then at least one other shape other than a circle follows this rule. So how clear is using the diameter or Newtons method ect at the point of infinite iteration with different approaches to a perfect circle pi may skew or the circle may be imperfect what do we really mean by perfect at this scale.
Also if you want understand how a glome or 4d N-Sphere works better what happens when starting from a line evolving dimensionally from a line to a box to a cube to a tesseract ect an inscribed N-Sphere and a line from the centre to the furthest corner type of the N-cube as it grows in dimension.
yes what does happen to that line that intersects the evolving inscribed N-sphere and the furthest corner of the evolving N-cube as the dimension shifts from 3d to 4d and how does a graphing of this curvature work regarding an evolving N-sphere intersection plot as it approaches infinity if you want to know more about curves discreetly represented on an infinite plane as to their approach that is.
RE: Is there an infinite range of perfect circles.
Popcorn
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
[Image: A091711-D-4858-4-D65-91-EE-1353-D6542-FA5.jpg]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
This is a better forum for these sorts of questions:

Mathematics Stack Exchange

Polymath will have an answer, but your question is at the level of graduate level topology and does not really belong here.  Some aspects of mathematics are pathological and do not have any physical basis in our Universe, maybe others, perhaps.
Moderator Notice
Moved this here from Off Topic.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yes. Learn some geometry.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
SO, basically, you are unable to work out what a circle is? Even though we have known what a circle is for thousands of years? That is your claim? That you are unable to work out what was worked out thousands of years ago? Somehow, you are unable to get a stick and a piece of string?
(February 21, 2022 at 10:55 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: SO, basically, you are unable to work out what a circle is? Even though we have known what a circle is for thousands of years? That is your claim? That you are unable to work out what was worked out thousands of years ago? Somehow, you are unable to get a stick and a piece of string?

I have a Circle K just down the street from me.
Sorry, I could not parse your question.

At best, this is confused. At worst, it is nonsense.
(February 22, 2022 at 7:59 pm)polymath257 Wrote: Sorry, I could not parse your question.

At best, this is confused. At worst, it is nonsense.

It reminds me of a question a co-worker asked me one time back in the '90s. He had been in charge of measuring an antenna's radiation pattern at a remote site and was asking me about the validity of the data. His question was so convoluted that I had to have him ask one of the PhD EEs. After he got the question straight, I realized that he had spent months (and all of the customer's money) and not gotten valid data. He was so ignorant of the process that he couldn't even ask the right question.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doing algebra with infinite series is very risky GrandizerII 10 1202 July 21, 2023 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Euclid proved that there are an infinite number of prime numbers. Jehanne 7 913 March 14, 2021 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama