Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone playing "Forbidden West"?
Anyone playing "Forbidden West"?
I'm enjoying it so far.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Anyone playing "Forbidden West"?
Why is the west forbidden?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Finished the main aspects of the game already. Will do the side stuff till Ragnarok is available next month.
~ Erin Hunter
Played some, yes.

The story, visuals, and quests are epic.
Dying to live, living to die.
I know a lot of people prefer shorter games, but I guess I feel spoiled by games where I spend 100+ hours on it. The shortness of the Horizon gameplay is one dislike.

Another pet peeve is that you have to wait all the way till the end of the game before you can override a flying machine. Seems to me the gameplay could have been so much better if we could fly from the beginning.

Another thing is there seems to be no way to fight underwater. You either evade the machines in the water or get caught and have to swim and hide. There's also the fact you have to wait forever before getting the quest to breath under water.

There seems to be a great deal of not being able to complete things in early areas because they can only be unlocked much later and near the end.

What probably annoys me the most about the fighting style, since I consider myself more into melee than archery, is that when Aloy is knocked down it can take forever for her to get back up. So you're yelling at her to get up while you're being attacked in a manner to keep you down.

And then there's no new game + *sigh*

That's my experience, anyway.
~ Erin Hunter
(February 22, 2022 at 2:01 pm)brewer Wrote: Why is the west forbidden?

Lack of zen.
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure
Replaying the game from the beginning, but going about things differently now that I have a better grasp of it.
~ Erin Hunter
Since I have begun relying on archery more, which allows for time to slow down, I have noticed I fight better without getting knocked around so much.
~ Erin Hunter
OMG, I have been spending shards on fast traveling packs without realizing I could freely fast travel between already discovered campfires. Silly me.
~ Erin Hunter
Ridgewood is the only resource I've run low on, I guess because I use the bow now more than the melee spear.
~ Erin Hunter