Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racism is good. Do you disagree?
Racism is good. Do you disagree?
I will give you a number of things to disagree with.  Please don't pile them all back on me at once.  Lets's handle them one at a time.

1.  You are all animals.  You even share about 50% of your DNA with trees.  Your ability to think as you do doesn't make you anything other than an animal.

2.  Racism and hatred are just part of nature.  Therefore they are part of you.  If you suppress it, you are accomplishing EVIL!  Because without the racism and hatred in evolution, you wouldn't even exist.  And as I said elsewhere, to suppress racism and hatred is basically to be anti-life.

3.  Humans have existed for many thousands of years mainly made up of the types of humans in their regions.  And they got along just fine.  Anybody who thinks that having a multi-ethnic society is in any way good is delusional at best.

4.  History has shown one thing over and over again.  It is of one group taking what another group has.  Putin has shown this yet again.  It is as George Santayana said.  "Only the dead have seen the end of war."  Allowing others to take what you have isn't the solution.  It is the problem.  Because of human nature, it will only lead to endless strife.

5.  If racism and hatred were wrong, every forum would allow you to be that way.  Because being wrong, it could be disproven and dismissed.  Seeing how that isn't the case, the logical conclusion is that it must in fact be good.
RE: Racism is good. Do you disagree?
(March 24, 2022 at 6:56 pm)deepend Wrote: 2.  Racism and hatred are just part of nature.  Therefore they are part of you.  If you suppress it, you are accomplishing EVIL!  Because without the racism and hatred in evolution, you wouldn't even exist.  And as I said elsewhere, to suppress racism and hatred is basically to be anti-life.

You've already been given reasons why this is wrong. You refuse to answer them. Believing you have truth is easy when you stick your fingers in your ears.

(March 24, 2022 at 6:56 pm)deepend Wrote: 5.  If racism and hatred were wrong, every forum would allow you to be that way.  Because being wrong, it could be disproven and dismissed.  Seeing how that isn't the case, the logical conclusion is that it must in fact be good.

This doesn't follow. It seems to be merely some little pet peeve you've picked up along the way. Regardless, there is no necessary relationship between what forums allow and the good or ill of hatred and racism.

You've followed a bad argument with even worse. And still you refuse to defend your arguments.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You think you could elaborate on Point #2? Just so we can be sure that your views aren't full of Number 2?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 24, 2022 at 6:56 pm)deepend Wrote: I will give you a number of things to disagree with.  Please don't pile them all back on me at once.  Lets's handle them one at a time.

1.  You are all animals.  You even share about 50% of your DNA with trees.  Your ability to think as you do doesn't make you anything other than an animal.

2.  Racism and hatred are just part of nature.  Therefore they are part of you.  If you suppress it, you are accomplishing EVIL!  Because without the racism and hatred in evolution, you wouldn't even exist.  And as I said elsewhere, to suppress racism and hatred is basically to be anti-life.

3.  Humans have existed for many thousands of years mainly made up of the types of humans in their regions.  And they got along just fine.  Anybody who thinks that having a multi-ethnic society is in any way good is delusional at best.

4.  History has shown one thing over and over again.  It is of one group taking what another group has.  Putin has shown this yet again.  It is as George Santayana said.  "Only the dead have seen the end of war."  Allowing others to take what you have isn't the solution.  It is the problem.  Because of human nature, it will only lead to endless strife.

5.  If racism and hatred were wrong, every forum would allow you to be that way.  Because being wrong, it could be disproven and dismissed.  Seeing how that isn't the case, the logical conclusion is that it must in fact be good.

Nah, Imma do these all at once.

1. I have no problem being described as an animal.

2. You'll need to demonstrate that racism and hatred are part of nature, and - from that - provide evidence that suppressing something natural is necessarily evil. For example, smallpox was a part of nature than we suppressed and saved (conservatively) half a billion lives.

3. Multi-ethnic societies are the norm, and the average human quality of life is better than at any time in our history. What's surprising is that the few monoethnic cultures in human history survived as long as they did.

4. This has nothing to do with racism or hatred.

5. I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The fact that most fora disallow racism and hate speech doesn't lead anywhere near the conclusion that racism is somehow 'good'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
And so the broken record screeches on  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(March 24, 2022 at 6:56 pm)deepend Wrote:   2.  Racism and hatred are just part of nature.  Therefore they are part of you.  If you suppress it, you are accomplishing EVIL!  Because without the racism and hatred in evolution, you wouldn't even exist.  And as I said elsewhere, to suppress racism and hatred is basically to be anti-life.

Naturalistic fallacy.
(March 24, 2022 at 7:22 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(March 24, 2022 at 6:56 pm)deepend Wrote:   2.  Racism and hatred are just part of nature.  Therefore they are part of you.  If you suppress it, you are accomplishing EVIL!  Because without the racism and hatred in evolution, you wouldn't even exist.  And as I said elsewhere, to suppress racism and hatred is basically to be anti-life.

Naturalistic fallacy.
Yup and Arguments from Antiquity and Nonsequiters ......etc etc etc
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(March 24, 2022 at 7:22 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:

Naturalistic fallacy.

As well as improper foundation and one of the false cause fallacies. Take your pick.

(dunno about anyone else but I’m not exactly feeling crushed by deep’s superior intellect)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 24, 2022 at 7:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 24, 2022 at 7:22 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Naturalistic fallacy.

As well as improper foundation and one of the false cause fallacies. Take your pick.

(dunno about anyone else but I’m not exactly feeling crushed by deep’s superior intellect)

Boru

Aww...c'mon.  You know Deepity is schooling us.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Logical Observation About Racism. disobey 20 1947 August 23, 2023 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: MarcusA
  Adrian and I disagree on faith. leo-rcc 37 18663 February 14, 2010 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: tavarish