Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello. Karma anyone?
Hello. Karma anyone?
I know.  Its a silly question.  Because karma is something everybody must deal with.  Do you have good karma or bad karma.
RE: Hello. Karma anyone?
[Image: 1CBq0jp.jpg]

This is my Karma - she's 10.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Boy George karma, I come and go.

Welcome to the forum.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 26, 2022 at 6:18 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: [Image: 1CBq0jp.jpg]

This is my Karma - she's 10.

What is that in doggie years.  Because I think 10 is pretty old.  It may not be too much longer before you will be in search of some new karma.

(March 26, 2022 at 6:19 pm)brewer Wrote: Boy George karma, I come and go.

Welcome to the forum.

I see.  Intermittent karma.  But I don't thinks that's possible.
(March 26, 2022 at 6:23 pm)karmaify Wrote:
(March 26, 2022 at 6:19 pm)brewer Wrote: Boy George karma, I come and go.

Welcome to the forum.

I see.  Intermittent karma.  But I don't thinks that's possible.

Potato......... potato.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 26, 2022 at 6:16 pm)karmaify Wrote: I know.  Its a silly question.  Because karma is something everybody must deal with.  Do you have good karma or bad karma.

I don’t really object to karma in the watered down, Westernized sense. Indian religious karma, on the other hand, is one of the most contemptible, vile concepts that religionists have ever come up with.

Boru

Edit: By the way, I merged your ‘Russia and Ukraine’ thread into an existing thread called ‘Russia and Ukraine’.
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
In Mahayana Buddhist terms, an arhat has passed the point at which he will regress in his advance toward Nibbana. Views differ on what happens to an arhat if they should die before reaching that goal, some suggesting a karmic slumber until they are awakened to enlightenment, yet others suggest they too experience rebirth. That always left me with a bit of a puzzle. If a reborn arhat will not regress, to what do they owe this special advantage. The arhat is born without memories of their previous life, yet they would seem to have inherited a form of "karmic momentum." This always struck me as unfair to those who enjoyed no such leg up in the race, and seems to undermine the whole concept of karma as a just reaction to our acts in this life.

Anyway, food for thought. Welcome to the forum.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 26, 2022 at 6:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 26, 2022 at 6:16 pm)karmaify Wrote: I know.  Its a silly question.  Because karma is something everybody must deal with.  Do you have good karma or bad karma.

I don’t really object to karma in the watered down, Westernized sense. Indian religious karma, on the other hand, is one of the most contemptible, vile concepts that religionists have ever come up with.

Boru

Edit: By the way, I merged your ‘Russia and Ukraine’ thread into an existing thread called ‘Russia and Ukraine’.

Indian religion is pretty screwed up.  All you have to do is look at their civilization to see that.  My avatar image is the best I could to to represent a mouse plague.  Maybe you have seen the videos of them.  They're horrible.  And with India having so many people, it's basically the same thing.  And have you ever seen the video of the temple in India where they actually worship rats?  It's disgusting.  But to them, it's holy.  I also saw a video from India once where some guy caught some cow dung in his hands as it came out of the cow.  He then pocked out a chunk and ate it!

But to the main point, even a broken clock is right two times a day.  To me the idea of karma is good.  Because to me it means that your actions will have consequences.  Even if you aren't aware of them.  Also, I changed the title of my thread to Russia and Ukraine War.  So could you un-merge it with the thread that was started before Russia even invaded the Ukraine?
(March 26, 2022 at 7:11 pm)karmaify Wrote:
(March 26, 2022 at 6:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I don’t really object to karma in the watered down, Westernized sense. Indian religious karma, on the other hand, is one of the most contemptible, vile concepts that religionists have ever come up with.

Boru

Indian religion is pretty screwed up.  All you have to do is look at their civilization to see that.  My avatar image is the best I could to to represent a mouse plague.  Maybe you have seen the videos of them.  They're horrible.  And with India having so many people, it's basically the same thing.  And have you ever seen the video of the temple in India where they actually worship rats?  It's disgusting.  But to them, it's holy.  I also saw a video from India once where some guy caught some cow dung in his hands as it came out of the cow.  He then pocked out a chunk and ate it!

But to the main point, even a broken clock is right two times a day.  To me the idea of karma is good.  Because to me it means that your actions will have consequences.  Even if you aren't aware of them.  Also, I changed the title of my thread to Russia and Ukraine War.  So could you un-merge it with the thread that was started before Russia even invaded the Ukraine?

Coupla things - Great way to get off on the right foot is to say 'your dog is gonna die soon' and also telling admins how to administrate.

Slow down Skippy...maybe start over with an introductory thread so people can get to know the real you.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 26, 2022 at 7:11 pm)karmaify Wrote:
(March 26, 2022 at 6:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I don’t really object to karma in the watered down, Westernized sense. Indian religious karma, on the other hand, is one of the most contemptible, vile concepts that religionists have ever come up with.

Boru

No, your thread will not be un-merged.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates