Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true?
Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true?
I want my father dead. So, what is wrong with me making him dead for me? I am not making him dead for himself.
RE: Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true?
Because it's murder.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
RE: Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true?
Because you still live in this world, not any of the other QM potential worlds.
And, in this world, murder is.... frowned upon.
I believe it is because people wish to remain alive for as long as naturally possible and not have some random other person to murder them.
It is wrong because in another universe you are the dad to your dad and your dad is your son, so you would be killing yourself.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(July 28, 2022 at 12:54 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: I want my father dead. So, what is wrong with me making him dead for me? I am not making him dead for himself.

It's that whole 'Galileo' thing, right?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 28, 2022 at 6:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 28, 2022 at 12:54 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: I want my father dead. So, what is wrong with me making him dead for me? I am not making him dead for himself.

It's that whole 'Galileo' thing, right?

Boru

Probably more like Oedipus.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(July 28, 2022 at 7:27 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(July 28, 2022 at 6:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It's that whole 'Galileo' thing, right?

Boru

Probably more like Oedipus.

No, Oedipus didn't kill his father intentionally.
With respect to the OP, it's like asking if there is a QM world where 2 + 2 = 5.
I'm not sure that saying you want someone dead, on an online forum, is a great choice for a thread.

Perhaps you should seek help, we can't provide whatever it is that you need.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I didn't take what was said literally, kind of like Spongebob telling Squidward, "Your father did not love you," to which he replied, "I want you to know Spongebob that my father loved me very much".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the fact that many non-human animals have pituitary disprove Cartesian Dualism? FlatAssembler 36 2092 June 23, 2023 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Moral Obligations toward Possible Worlds Neo-Scholastic 93 5389 May 23, 2021 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How To Tell What Is True From What Is Untrue. redpill 39 3642 December 28, 2019 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Is this Quite by Kenneth Boulding True Rhondazvous 11 1528 August 6, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Alan V
  How many holes does a straw have? ignoramus 57 3169 August 19, 2018 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What is wrong with FW? Little Rik 126 14190 August 17, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  God does not determine right and wrong Alexmahone 134 15142 February 12, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "What is the Lord of the Worlds?" Mystic 40 3885 October 1, 2017 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Chad32
Video Do we live in a universe where theism is likely true? (video) Angrboda 36 11346 May 28, 2017 at 1:53 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Is it true that there is no absolute morality? WisdomOfTheTrees 259 25254 March 23, 2017 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet