Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Articles of Distraction
Articles of Distraction
For the not-so-serious news.

Joe Jonas Opens Up About Getting Cosmetic Injectables
Gayety

Quote:Joe Jonas is the new face of Xeomin, a cosmetic injectable that reverses the appearance of wrinkles. Though many celebrities have voiced their dislike for anti-aging treatments, the middle Jonas says his beauty regime is not something he wants to be quiet about.

“We can be open and honest about it and be confident and not really shy away from speaking our truth,” he told People.

The musician revealed that he uses injectables to reduce his frown lines and smooth out a scar on his forehead. He hopes his transparency will inspire other men to do the same.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Articles of Distraction
Huh. I earned every one of my wrinkles and wounds the hard way. I'm finally getting wrinkles around my eyes when I smile. My wife likes 'em.  Angel
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I'm fairly certain he's not gay, but at least he's an ally. A hot one.

Ross Lynch Waves Pride Flag On Stage
Gayety

[Image: ross-lynch.png]
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: curry.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Elton John and ‘Hold Me Closer’ Producer Praise Britney Spears’ Vocals
Gayety

Quote:It’s Britney, b*tch.

Britney Spears is back in the music game after six years! Her latest release is a collaboration with Sir Elton John, singing an upbeat remix of the Rocket Man’s classic, “Tiny Dancer.” “Hold Me Closer” has already jumped the charts to number one on iTunes in 18 countries and is earning buzz online.

Many Britney fans worried about what the pop icon’s return to the music industry would look like, but in an interview with The Guardian, John said they have nothing to fear. “Everyone was saying they don’t think she can sing anymore,” he said. “But I said, she was brilliant when she started so I think she can. And she did it, and I was so thrilled with what she did.”
~ Erin Hunter
Gucci’s latest campaign is a love letter to Kubrick.

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
There are speculations about Bergoglio stepping down from being a head of the Catholic Church considering that he is such an ill old windbag - as if he wouldn't be succeeded by another ill old windbag.

https://youtu.be/cMRIpfQqjGE

As a side note, Bergoglio is so humble that he has an adult man kneeling to him and holding a book instead of using a bookholder.

[Image: Kneel.jpg]
JK Rowling mocked for writing novel about female celebrity hounded by children’s fantasy fans
Pink News

Quote:The Harry Potter author has taken the phrase “write what you know” to the next level in The Ink Black Heart as she spends more than 1,000 pages criticising online critics through the medium of a crime thriller.

The theme of the book seemingly parallels Rowling’s own experiences of backlash after repeatedly making comments viewed as transphobic about the lives of trans people, such as comparing trans women to predatory men, and supporting anti-trans right-wing bigots.

The novel follows Edie, who creates a YouTube cartoon series but is soon overwhelmed with online accusations of plagiarism, pathological lying as well as using racist and ableist tropes in their work.
~ Erin Hunter
An 'annoyed' Melania Trump stays mum on Mar-a-Lago search as she promotes NFT business (msn.com)

The article didn't really interest me as much as the headline...'An annoyed Melania Trump' cracks me up as she pretty much always seemed annoyed to me.

The FLOTUS version of resting bitch face.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

[Image: Rob.jpg]