Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Realm of Fashion
The Realm of Fashion
Just a thread for fashion that catches my attention.

Starry Night as a dress.

You, too, can share your fashion interests.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The Realm of Fashion
I love Starry Night, that dress...not so much. But I am more a jeans and t-shirt girl and will be till I die. It's too late to change my 'style' now.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 13, 2022 at 8:30 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I love Starry Night, that dress...not so much.  But I am more a jeans and t-shirt girl and will be till I die.  It's too late to change my 'style' now.

Yeah, you hippy!  Razz  I'd wear some Seafarer bell bottoms and chambray shirts like I had in the Navy, if I could be bothered to look for them.

I personally wear work clothes any more, like Dickie's or Carhartt. My wife commented that the shorts I am wearing today were faded, and I said that I don't care what people think, and I'm not getting rid of them until they rip. Some of my shirts have paint stains, some have holes burnt in them from welding. My skin is scarred from cuts and scrapes and burns experienced during my lifetime. What you see is what you get. If a person judges me by my appearance, that's their problem. I remember going by the investor's office to leave a check from a lawsuit settlement (a corporate thing, I wasn't actually damaged). When I was leaving and getting on the elevator, the nicely dressed people all cringed to the back of the elevator.  Hehe  Clothes do not make the person. If one wants to dress up, they are welcome to it, though.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Went to the middle school football game this evening in my flare jeans, tie-dye T-shirt from my cousin's coaching business and my matching tie-dye tennis shoes. Long straight hair in a ponytail...cause it was hot outside. Yep, been a hippie a long, long time.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It's pretty! I would wear it!!
Instead of the dress, can I just cut someone's ear off?
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 13, 2022 at 9:53 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Went to the middle school football game this evening in my flare jeans, tie-dye T-shirt from my cousin's coaching business and my matching tie-dye tennis shoes.  Long straight hair in a ponytail...cause it was hot outside.  Yep, been a hippie a long, long time.

Pics or it didn't happen.  Angel
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 13, 2022 at 11:15 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(September 13, 2022 at 9:53 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Went to the middle school football game this evening in my flare jeans, tie-dye T-shirt from my cousin's coaching business and my matching tie-dye tennis shoes.  Long straight hair in a ponytail...cause it was hot outside.  Yep, been a hippie a long, long time.

Pics or it didn't happen.  Angel

The best I can do is the video I took of the halftime show.   Panic

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Realm of Horror Foxaèr 26 1697 November 10, 2023 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Runway "fashion" Foxaèr 9 926 May 20, 2021 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Met Gala 2018: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination Fake Messiah 2 429 May 10, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: chimp3
  chapter from Queen of the Quantum Realm Rhondazvous 0 294 October 26, 2016 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous