Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create the number 24 using only these numbers once each: 3, 3, 7, 7. You may use only the following functions: plus, minus, multiply, divide.

Solution:

RE: 24
(April 5, 2011 at 12:19 am)Tiberius Wrote: Create the number 24 using only these numbers once each: 3, 3, 7, 7. You may use only the following functions: plus, minus, multiply, divide.

Solution:

I almost had it until I peaked.....oh well.
I should have given it more thought.
*dying in regret*
The challenge is here is not to look at the answer, more so than the question!!! :-).

I found the same thing, couldn't help myself.
(April 6, 2011 at 11:31 pm)ib.me.ub Wrote: The challenge is here is not to look at the answer, more so than the question!!! :-).

I found the same thing, couldn't help myself.

I looked at the question first and tried to solve it. I gave up too early because the answer was right there.
(April 7, 2011 at 12:17 am)Emporion Wrote: I looked at the question first and tried to solve it. I gave up too early because the answer was right there.

I did the same thing. I tried only for about five minutes and then gave up.

But still, maybe I wouldn't have been able to find the answer even in 45 minutes. I was never really good at math. Sad

Too many combinations!

Still haven't cheated, will try again later!

Okay, start at 24 I figure, try and get zero... I instantly get into mega decimals, now it's a matter of time. writing down each basic sum of 7/3, 3*7,3/7, 3*3, 7*7 etc

I've divided 24 by 7..

24/7 = 3.4285714285714285714285714285714 (ooooh! this was on my above chart + 3!)

- 3 = 0.42857...

Now to make that number is 3/7!

Done!

so (24/7)-3-(3/7)!

(April 7, 2011 at 5:25 am)Rayaan Wrote:
(April 7, 2011 at 12:17 am)Emporion Wrote: I looked at the question first and tried to solve it. I gave up too early because the answer was right there.

I did the same thing. I tried only for about five minutes and then gave up.

I only tried for 2 minutes and I was tired. I wish Adrian didn't tempt me with the answer.Angry
It is all Your fault, Adrian!!!! I'm excellent at math......when I'm not tempted with the answer late at night!!!!Joke

No joke, but I am good at math. I'm currently learning discrete math after 1st and 2nd semester calculus and linear algebra.

Will you post some math puzzles of that nature, sometime when you post puzzles for us?
[Image: Answer_to_Life.png]

(3/7+3)x7 = 24
(A)B=C
I'm glad I'm not the only one who read 24 as 42. What can I say? I am the product of an internet age Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day