Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Musical Playlist
Your Musical Playlist
What's the title of your playlist?

How many hours of music is on it?

Name an artist or two or twenty on the list.

Playlist: Divas
Hours: 15.5
Artists: Celine Dion, Cher, Madonna, Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Duffy, Whitney Houston, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, P!nk, Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, LeAnn Rimes, Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, Taylor Swift, Cyndi Lauper, Destiny's Child, Beyonce
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Your Musical Playlist
Playlists? I have a portable music player with (last time I checked) a quarter terabyte of music sorted by artists and the original albums. I suspect that, given that I tend to keep my bitrate at 128 kbps, I could probably go half a year straight wthout replaying a single track. That said, I don't expect to do that.

I tend to listen to albums, so here's a representative track from the last three I listened to that Kit may or may not find interesting:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I have multiple playlists and listen on shuffle so that it draws from every list.

Guitar
Motown
Blue October
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
Eminem
Harry Chapin
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Lindsay Stirling and Pentatonix
Skrillex
Pink and Gaga
Willie Nelson
Woodstock
10,000 Maniacs
Another named after a former member of TTA who often posted songs I had long forgotten about

Each list pulls in similar artists/genres so it's all over the place.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Okay, while I don’t usually do playlists, I just remembered that for my last day of work at the candy store, instead of just going the “play an album in full” route, I actually went through the trouble of creating a playlist to score the last day there:
[Image: 762-DD095-9-F4-A-4651-874-C-9-E40-AEC3-D128.jpg]

As you can guess, a lot of the songs there are either directly related to an end (two songs called “Closing Time”, for instance), were played to close out a film or TV show (try and spot them all, kids!), or had a personal relevance to me (“Drumming” was a piece I played on my phone, and it sparked enough interest in the owners that my job went from cashier to cashier/music director.) And there were a lot of songs I had to cut for time.

My playlist is titled Ragnarok. It's just The Ride of the Valkyries over and over again.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Haven’t got one. All of my music is on vinyl, CDs, etc.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Ah, my playlist is a White Album, The Who, Led Zeppelin, with the touch of Bach in between. All on crisp vinyl, of course.

Just kidding.

My playlist is mostly generated by youtube that I listen to when I jump rope. It's interesting how it creates a whole playlist of mostly trashy 90s music after I listened to only one song.

So this is the current list:

Gala - Free from desire

Icona Pop - I love it

Snap - rhythm is a dancer

Culture beat - Mr. Vain

Eurythmics - sweet dreams

La Bouche - be my lover

2 unlimited - no limit
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Added some Annie Lennox.
~ Erin Hunter
Added Kylie Minogue and Stevie Nicks and Sarah McLachlan.

And Avril Lavigne, can't forget about her.
~ Erin Hunter
This might be one of the most epic playlists ever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Atheist Forums Playlist Tiberius 2624 80995 April 17, 2024 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  J. S. Bach Playlist Alex K 23 2309 November 25, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The Passion Musical Nay_Sayer 7 1122 March 21, 2016 at 5:41 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Coldplay's Game of Thrones, The musical. ignoramus 1 786 March 4, 2016 at 5:46 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
Lightbulb The Atheist Forums Holiday Season Playlist Alex K 10 3542 November 30, 2014 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Musical genre preferences and boundaries in a postmodern world. Whateverist 0 649 July 2, 2014 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Conan the Barbarian - THE MUSICAL! orogenicman 0 832 November 20, 2011 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: orogenicman