Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the vidya industry creatively bankrupt?
Is the vidya industry creatively bankrupt?
We live in the age of remakes. Some of the most expected games right now are remakes (RE4, SH2, FF7R, DS, etc.). This is stunning considering that vidya is a fairly recent medium.

Yes, sometimes there are moden few gems, but they are rare and far between.

What do you think?
RE: Is the vidya industry creatively bankrupt?
From what I can gather, the remakes are for the new console systems. Not everyone keeps their old game consoles to continue playing older games. Or maybe I'm confusing remakes with remasters. Then again, I know absolutely nothing about this Vidya franchise.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Is the vidya industry creatively bankrupt?
(October 27, 2022 at 10:57 pm)Macoleco Wrote: We live in the age of remakes. Some of the most expected games right now are remakes (RE4, SH2, FF7R, DS, etc.). This is stunning considering that vidya is a fairly recent medium.

Yes, sometimes there are moden few gems, but they are rare and far between.

What do you think?

It’s not just the games, it is other forms of mass entertainment as well.   It is the age that sees little value in  artistic exploration and risk and focuses instead on milking the familiar for all they are financially worth.