Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BoM
BoM
The Book of Mormon says LDS-god orchestrated the beheading of an unconscious drunk to steal his genealogy records. This must not be the same god that said "THOU SHALT NOT KILL!"  Apparently LDS-god is just a supercharged version of your run-of-the-mill President of the Church.  Says blacks can't be in the Aaronic Priesthood one day, then says they can be in it the next.   Says don't kill one day, says kill the next.
RE: BoM
God actually orders killing throughout the Bible. Therefore, it's common to hear deluded theists state that God commanded them to kill.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: BoM
(November 13, 2022 at 9:14 am)Tomato Wrote: God actually orders killing throughout the Bible. Therefore, it's common to hear deluded theists state that God commanded them to kill.

And the founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of his estimation of the Jewish people. When He found it necessary, He drove those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God; because then, as always, they used religion as a means of advancing their commercial interests. But at that time Christ was nailed to the Cross for his attitude towards the Jews; whereas our modern Christians enter into party politics and when elections are being held they debase themselves to beg for Jewish votes. They even enter into political intrigues with the atheistic Jewish parties against the interests of their own Christian nation.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 11
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)