Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from scared Holubice
Hi from scared Holubice
Hi everybody from Holubice,
I'm a Christian not labelled in catholic, protestant or whatever: I define myself a disciple of Jesus. I'm quite conscious of issues and arguments of atheism and I've been and atheist myself since some years ago. After an event related to Near Death Experiences I've completely diverted my mind. The main reason I'm here is I'm conscious atheism is a great and dengerous fault and I'm pretty sure recent frequent earthquakes, tsunami, turmoil and revolutions are the beginning of the end. After the N.D.E. I had a great and unconditional faith, and I have such a great control of scriptures (which I have never studied) that also priests and scholars are astonished while speaking to me.
I know this kind of introduction may sparkle some animosity and scepticism, but that's the way it is. I'm Italian and I'm typing from Italy, so I apologize in advance for my mistakes.

[Image: 1145534792-Cartelli.gif]

RE: Hi from scared Holubice
Hi. Welcome

Interesting. But get ready for what you are about to receive. Big Grin. maybe.
Hello.

My hobbies include dousing beehives in oil, lighting them on fire and throwing them.

Or is that the hobby of certain other folk?
(April 6, 2011 at 5:24 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: Hi. Welcome Interesting. But get ready for what you are about to receive. Big Grin. maybe.
Don't worry. When I wrote I'm used to issues discussed by atheist I was true. I did it here in my country with a couple of Italian Atheist group. So I know quite well your arguments and your objections. I just hope the latin proverb "Nemo propheta in patria" will come true in this forum...

[Image: 1145788327-Cattive (19).gif]
Interesting judgement. & proverb. It should make no difference if it is true or not.
(April 6, 2011 at 5:46 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: Interesting judgement. & proverb. It should make no difference if it is true or not.
What do you mean? Please mind I'm Italian and I have not a great control of slang in the States so, please, use a basic English without idiomatic phrases...
Welcome

Holubice Wrote:I know this kind of introduction may sparkle some animosity and scepticism, but that's the way it is. I'm Italian and I'm typing from Italy, so I apologize in advance for my mistakes.

Speaking for myself, naaaahh. Its the usual theistic crappy rethoric e.g:

Quote:The main reason I'm here is I'm conscious atheism is a great and dengerous fault and I'm pretty sure recent frequent earthquakes, tsunami, turmoil and revolutions are the beginning of the end.

See what I mean? Big Grin Facepalm
I am not from the United States, I am from Australia.

Your phrase; "Nemo propheta in patria", translates to "Nobody is prophet in [their] homeland . " as I have translated. (Please correct this if it is wrong).

I am saying that 'it should make no difference if this statement is true or not'. For if you were prophet, it would make no difference if people knew it or not.
Quote:I had a great and unconditional faith,

No doubts at all? How nice for you and how ghastly for those around you.

Quote:and I have such a great control of scriptures (which I have never studied) that also priests and scholars are astonished while speaking to me.

Really? Wow! I bet they are also astonished at such erudition and humility from one so young. (I'm assuming you're about 12)

Here you will find quite a few people who have actually read and studied scripture. I look forward to being astonished.

ROFLOL

PS your English is a lot better than my Italian
(April 6, 2011 at 6:13 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: I am saying that 'it should make no difference if this statement is true or not'. For if you were prophet, it would make no difference if people knew it or not.
Prophets sparkle much animosity, all the time. If they don't, they aren't. It makes a great difference is people realize what a prophet says. A never-ending difference.

[Image: 1145788301-Cattive (28).gif]