Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with fanatics
Dealing with fanatics
How do you deal with fanatics? People that don't stop talking about and or trying to convert/teach wisdom from whatever belief, no matter how much you ask them to stop, 1. Strangers, 2. Family.

I have no issues with people believing whatever it is they believe, just running low on patience with the broken records that turn off their ears and won't stop when asked.
RE: Dealing with fanatics
(November 22, 2022 at 12:39 am)lawngnome Wrote: How do you deal with fanatics? People that don't stop talking about and or trying to convert/teach wisdom from whatever belief, no matter how much you ask them to stop, 1. Strangers, 2. Family.

I have no issues with people believing whatever it is they believe, just running low on patience with the broken records that turn off their ears and won't stop when asked.

Punching usually works.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Saying that I have to go to the bathroom has always been a conversation stopper.
This is the only place I deal with fanatics.

IRL, I simply stay away from them.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

The root of "fanatic" is, of course, "fan".
You can inspire people to believe by your own example. Mind f them isnt working at all.
(November 22, 2022 at 10:47 am)purplepurpose Wrote: You can inspire people to believe by your own example. Mind f them isnt working at all.

Nah, it’s all down to punching.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't. I establish boundaries and if they aren't respected, I don't need them in my life. Life's too short for me to do otherwise.
I fart in their general direction.

Although, ocassionaly, it requires a shart.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 22, 2022 at 2:15 pm)brewer Wrote: I fart in their general direction.

Although, ocassionaly, it requires a shart.

Panic  Brewer's back, Brewer's back.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius