Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Thread
Gold Thread
So, who here likes gold?

Personally, I prefer platinum or silver, but gold will do in a punch.

Also, since this is the Gold Thread, do the sewers among us like gold stitching?
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Gold Thread
I prefer silver, it has a better elecrtical conductivity! (although gold never tarnishes)
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I wear one piece of jewelry, and only one, for many years. My gold wedding band,

Back when I wore jewelry on the regular I preferred silver or white gold. Therefore my husband always bought me gold.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

What a coinkydink - I’m in the process of teaching myself how to put gold accents on wrought iron.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I like having some gold coins around. Silver is too expensive right now.
(November 26, 2022 at 3:22 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: So, who here likes gold?

Also, since this is the Gold Thread, do the sewers among us like gold stitching?
Got my sizable backup gold hoard....Just in case
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Especially Asimov's short story "Gold"

[Image: 8BJW9LQl_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

"...do the sewers among us like gold stitching?"

There are carriers of human waste among us?

Who knew?
Disappointing theists since 1968!
I think adamantium is better than gold. Sorry.
(November 27, 2022 at 7:33 pm)A. Secular Human Wrote:

"...do the sewers among us like gold stitching?"

There are carriers of human waste among us?

Who knew?

Okay, now I prefer 'seamstress'.  And, no, I don't care if that's sexist.   Dodgy

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread. Edwardo Piet 69 8311 January 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The "You really must derail this thread" thread. Marsellus Wallace 20 3991 January 19, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Lightbulb AF.org Gold Membership Tea Earl Grey Hot 52 6128 January 11, 2014 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: ElleBelle