Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p = mv
p = mv
Instead of speed limits we should have momentum limits.

"Hey congrats on your new F-950, your max speed in the city is 4 mph."
RE: p = mv
Not the worst idea. It’s about time we had a kinetic energy statute. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 10, 2022 at 12:21 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: Instead of speed limits we should have momentum limits.

"Hey congrats on your new F-950, your max speed in the city is 4 mph."

For internal combustion engine vehicles the maximum allowable speed should be the speed at which the vehicle can achieve 50 mpg.

For f-150 that will be the speed at which the drive can push the vehicle.
You might as well use the relativistic version:

[Image: prel.gif]

It looks cooler.
(December 10, 2022 at 9:52 pm)Jehanne Wrote: You might as well use the relativistic version:

[Image: prel.gif]

It looks cooler.

At 4 MPH that equation will never really kick in.
It's one of those .1C things, an engineering trade-off, so to speak.  Hehe
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
It should be common sense.  If you live in a duplex, work in a plant, and can barely climb into the thing, it's dumb to make payments on a bigass truck.  I saw you, on the shoulder with the hood up by the expressway.  Why?  It's not like you could see over the headlights and down to anything near the engine.

If I had a backhoe on a trailer, or a sweet cabin cruiser, or a daughter who tested my love through her desire to show ponies, I'd have, not that truck, a different brand, but that truck.  But I don't and neither do you.  Enough already.
(December 11, 2022 at 1:07 am)Ranjr Wrote: It should be common sense.  If you live in a duplex, work in a plant, and can barely climb into the thing, it's dumb to make payments on a bigass truck.  I saw you, on the shoulder with the hood up by the expressway.  Why?  It's not like you could see over the headlights and down to anything near the engine.

If I had a backhoe on a trailer, or a sweet cabin cruiser, or a daughter who tested my love through her desire to show ponies, I'd have, not that truck, a different brand, but that truck.  But I don't and neither do you.  Enough already.

Oh, the memories! My daughter, age 12, now refuses to ride the ponies.
(December 11, 2022 at 1:07 am)Ranjr Wrote: It should be common sense.  If you live in a duplex, work in a plant, and can barely climb into the thing, it's dumb to make payments on a bigass truck.  I saw you, on the shoulder with the hood up by the expressway.  Why?  It's not like you could see over the headlights and down to anything near the engine.

It's a Darwinian thing, like peacocks advertising their fitness to mate (you have to be an athlete to lug one of those tails around).  But the word in the women's can is that a big truck with dualies just advertises a little dick.