Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bible is for flerfs
The Bible is for flerfs
> @PitBulllOwner

> Replying to @SariellaForever @LinuxGal
> Oh my Biblically illiterate friend.. The Bible never states the earth is flat .  it states it is a sphere Isaiah 40:22🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

If the Earth is a sphere, then tell us what latitude and longitude we may find the pillars holding it up.

1 Samuel 2:8 ...for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them.
RE: The Bible is for flerfs
(December 29, 2022 at 9:31 am)LinuxGal Wrote: > @PitBulllOwner

> Oh my Biblically illiterate friend.. The Bible never states the earth is flat .  it states it is a sphere Isaiah 40:22🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

If the Earth is a sphere, then tell us what latitude and longitude we may find the pillars holding it up.

1 Samuel 2:8 ...for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them.

I went around and around on this with some JWs.

Them: 'Isaiah refers to the circle of the earth. Circles are round.'
Me: But circles are also flat.
Them: Yes, but they're round.
Me: But they're flat.

Repeat until they got tired of me.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(December 29, 2022 at 10:41 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: I went around and around on this with some JWs.

[Image: 320812247_705861964218097_6982520237305298184_n.jpg]
(December 29, 2022 at 10:41 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:

I went around and around on this with some JWs.

There is a perfectly good Hebrew word for "sphere" or "ball," and it isn't used here. What is described here is a flat, circular earth. If the author of Isaiah meant to call the earth a sphere, he would have done so.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Who would,ever interpret this imagery literally? You've got no common sense.
(December 30, 2022 at 11:25 pm)Lek Wrote:

Who would,ever interpret this imagery literally?  You've got no common sense.

cdesign proponentsists have been doing it since before the Scopes Monkey Trial.  Gotta beat 'em back every time.
(December 30, 2022 at 11:30 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: [quote='Lek' pid='2132567' dateline='1672457112']

Who would,ever interpret this imagery literally?  You've got
cdesign proponentsists have been doing it since before the Scopes Monkey Trial.  Gotta beat 'em back every time.
Show me a Christian who is stupid enough to believe the world is sitting on pillars.
(December 30, 2022 at 11:35 pm)Lek Wrote:
(December 30, 2022 at 11:30 pm)LinuxGal Wrote:
(December 30, 2022 at 11:25 pm)Lek Wrote: Who would,ever interpret this imagery literally?  You've got
Show me a Christian who is stupid enough to believe the world  is sitting on pillars.
It's really turtles all the way down.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 30, 2022 at 11:35 pm)Lek Wrote: Show me a Christian who is stupid enough to believe the world  is sitting on pillars.
Every time a Christian says the Bible is wrong, a baby dyke earns a cougar another toaster oven.
[Image: 1531380588833165312-fucogdhuuaacysf.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44107 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7449 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky