Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baguazhang
Baguazhang
Baguazhang, bodyguard art made famous in the 1800s and early 1900s

Bodyguard fighting system made famous in the 1800s in Beijing. Bagua fighters were appointed as the top body guards in Beijing, and the Emperor and Prince themselves employed the founders of the system as their personal bodyguards. To protect yourself against multiple attackers in the 1800s in Beijing, or if you wanted to work as a bodyguard, this was the best style to have. Weapons are also used like spear, sword, hooked knives, and special concealed needles. It's a hybrid master style that can incorporate many different styles, and most fighters who learned Bagua would have had a background in other martial arts prior to learning Baguazhang. Two styles I think that are known to be incorporated in Bagua are Shaolin Lohan fist and Shuai Chiao. It's most unique feature is the Circle walking practice that is also found in very ancient Taoist cultivation and chi kung energy practices.

RE: Baguazhang
HOLY CRAP!!! LOOK AT THAT WALL!!!
My goodness, that's ONE post! Holy... holy... mind blown...

There is such a thing as too much, you know Tongue

Hide tags are also your friend ^_^
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
[Image: 20021223_05_mistake.gif]
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
It took me 12 seconds to use my scroll wheel to get down this far.
Oh please, not again.

BORING!

This is much better....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwuCJznewFw
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
EVERYBODY WAS KUNG-FU FIGHTIN'!
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I wish the guy who made this post would hide at least 95% of it. Please, ANY ONE who can mod his post please do it.
@ FreddyK, why do you keep posting this shit? Nobody cares.....

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Sweet, I'm not deleting it cause I'm in a martial arts mood, having just seen IP MAN! which was fucking AMAZING!