Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChatGPT & AI
ChatGPT & AI
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on the topic. So I'll leave these three questions here:

1. Thoughts on ChatGPT?
2. Thoughts about AI in the workplace?
3. Thoughts about the future of AI?
RE: ChatGPT & AI
(January 11, 2023 at 10:42 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on the topic. So I'll leave these three questions here:

1. Thoughts on ChatGPT?
2. Thoughts about AI in the workplace?
3. Thoughts about the future of AI?

1. Don't know what that is.

2. No.

3. No.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I found a loophole and chat GTP wrote me really, really naughty stuff. Then chat GTP company emailed me that they will ban me if I keep this up.
(January 12, 2023 at 6:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 1. Don't know what that is.

ChatGPT is an AI that can generate humanlike text. You can ask it to tell you story, write you an essay, create a website or do pretty much any other written activity you need, on any topic you want.

For example, I asked it why you haven't heard of it. This is what it responded:

"I'm not sure why BrianSoddingBoru4 hasn't heard of ChatGPT, as it is a widely-used language model developed by OpenAI. It's possible that they are not familiar with the field of natural language processing, or they may not have had a need to use a language model like ChatGPT in their work or personal projects."
(January 12, 2023 at 11:21 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(January 12, 2023 at 6:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 1. Don't know what that is.

ChatGPT is an AI that can generate humanlike text. You can ask it to tell you story, write you an essay, create a website or do pretty much any other written activity you need, on any topic you want.

For example, I asked it why you haven't heard of it. This is what it responded:

"I'm not sure why BrianSoddingBoru4 hasn't heard of ChatGPT, as it is a widely-used language model developed by OpenAI. It's possible that they are not familiar with the field of natural language processing, or they may not have had a need to use a language model like ChatGPT in their work or personal projects."

Based on that, it needs work. ‘They’?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 12, 2023 at 12:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Based on that, it needs work. ‘They’?

That's an interesting observation. I wanted to see if it could produce a reason for choosing they. This is the response:

"I used 'they' as a singular pronoun to refer to BrianSoddingBoru4 because I do not know their gender identity. Using 'they' as a singular pronoun is a way to be inclusive and respectful of individuals who do not conform to traditional gender norms."
Run away! Run away!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 12, 2023 at 12:46 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(January 12, 2023 at 12:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Based on that, it needs work. ‘They’?

That's an interesting observation. I wanted to see if it could produce a reason for choosing they. This is the response:

"I used 'they' as a singular pronoun to refer to BrianSoddingBoru4 because I do not know their gender identity. Using 'they' as a singular pronoun is a way to be inclusive and respectful of individuals who do not conform to traditional gender norms."

If the artificiality was sufficiently intelligent, it should have been able to recognize ‘Brian’ as a male-gendered name.

That said, it’s pretty impressive all the same.

Boru
(January 12, 2023 at 1:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 12, 2023 at 12:46 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: That's an interesting observation. I wanted to see if it could produce a reason for choosing they. This is the response:

If the artificiality was sufficiently intelligent, it should have been able to recognize ‘Brian’ as a male-gendered name.

Boru

"Why are you always going on about women, Stan?"
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 12, 2023 at 1:49 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(January 12, 2023 at 1:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If the artificiality was sufficiently intelligent, it should have been able to recognize ‘Brian’ as a male-gendered name.

Boru

"Why are you always going on about women, Stan?"

‘I’ve always wanted to be one.’ (But you may NOT call me Loretta!)

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Is ChatGPT a Chinese Room? Neo-Scholastic 36 3601 August 26, 2023 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus