Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 10:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closing A Loophole
Closing A Loophole
Administrator Notice
There's been some behind the curtain discussion of the 30/30 rule. While the rule still remains in effect, we're removing the following:

Quote:
  1. An exception to the 30/30 requirements is when external content is used within a discussion or with the intention of discussion. For example, a member who has not yet met the 30/30 requirements is allowed to post external content if they are using it as evidence in a discussion, or if it is relevant to the ongoing discussion.

Quite frankly, this exception is extremely difficult to apply and would, if interpreted broadly, allow new members free reign to post outside content. They could post literally anything at all and simply claim they did so with the 'intention of discussion'.

So, going forward, the 30/30 allows no exceptions, exclusions, addenda, and whatnot. Members who have not met the 30/30 requirements will have any outside content they post removed, full stop.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson