Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why aren't Little People (Dwarfs) in more religions?
Why aren't Little People (Dwarfs) in more religions?
Do you know of any famous religious Little People? How many Little People are in the three many Abram books? Are they more common in easter religious stories? Where did all the Little People go? They have been with us forever and they are with us today. How did they influence religious books or were they all just left out?

Super curious. Thanks!
"I'm thick." - Me
RE: Why aren't Little People (Midgets) in more religions?
(April 1, 2023 at 5:16 am)Goosebump Wrote: Do you know of any famous religious Little People? How many Little People are in the three many Abram books? Are they more common in easter religious stories? Where did all the Little People go? They have been with us forever and they are with us today. How did they influence religious books or were they all just left out?

Super curious. Thanks!

Mostly just left out of the Abrahamic religions, in which deformities were viewed as either divine punishment or a mark of the devil.

They’re more often represented in other religions (Norse, Celtic, African, etc), but even then they’re frequently the bad guys.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
So always persecuted? But less so in the Abraham tradition?
"I'm thick." - Me
(April 1, 2023 at 6:04 am)Goosebump Wrote: So always persecuted? But less so in the Abraham tradition?

I don’t understand your questions. Where did the persecution angle come from?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Why aren't Little People (Dwarfs) in more religions?
Administrator Notice
Title changed to less offensive language.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 1, 2023 at 6:22 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 1, 2023 at 6:04 am)Goosebump Wrote: So always persecuted? But less so in the Abraham tradition?

I don’t understand your questions. Where did the persecution angle come from?

Boru

Well they sure as shit weren't praising and honoring them.

Leviticus 21:20
or a hunchback or a dwarf, or one who has a defect in his eye or eczema or scabs or crushed testicles.

Luke 19:2-4
And there was a man called by the name of Zaccheus; he was a chief tax collector and he was rich. Zaccheus was trying to see who Jesus was, and was unable because of the crowd, for he was small in stature. So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree in order to see Him, for He was about to pass through that way.

1 Corinthians 1:27
but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Numbers 13:33
There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

Isaiah 40:22
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Midgets

There abouts. But that's just the bible. I haven't even chanced a look at the other books. Can only imagine. Maybe one will see a good light?
"I'm thick." - Me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are movements like Qanon and Sabmyk Network the religions of the 21st century? Angrboda 5 984 March 22, 2021 at 7:07 am
Last Post: brewer
  Does Scientology deserve more scrutiny than other religions? Casca 56 8540 October 31, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Casca
  Why I Like Jews More Minimalist 12 3971 May 8, 2016 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Little superstitions BrokenQuill92 15 3184 January 18, 2014 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Another reason to abandon the abrahamic religions KichigaiNeko 33 10940 December 2, 2013 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Chad32