Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to have lucid dreams?
How to have lucid dreams?
So, Lucid Dreams.

How to have one?
They say it can be generated:

https://www.healthline.com/health/health...ucid-dream

Personally, I believe dreams are divine; even have interpretations.
This verse from the Quran makes me think that:

Quote:Sura 39, The Quran:
https://quran.com/39?startingVerse=42

(42) Allah takes away the souls at the time of their death and of those who do not die during their sleep. He withholds the souls of those on whom He has decreed death, and releases others until an appointed term. Indeed, there are signs in this for people who reflect.

We go to "God" when we sleep; what we see there our minds recall as symbols.

So if we dream of a dog, maybe God showed us our enemy, but our brain interpreted the vision we saw as a dog.
If we dream of war, maybe God showed us the misery and pain to come, but our brain interpreted the vision as a war.

If a dream seemed stupid and gullible, maybe your brain is filled with stupidity, thus its translation to symbols is mere stupidity.

What do you think?
RE: How to generate lucid dreams?
If you're taking drugs, stop. If you're not taking drugs, start.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Dreams are just the subconscious employing an imaginative interpretation of daily life.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Imagine the kind of ego it takes to think that talking to yourself is a conversation with a god.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
don’t masturbate while awake for a few days.
(April 25, 2023 at 9:45 pm)WinterHold Wrote: So, Lucid Dreams.

How to have one?
They say it can be generated:

https://www.healthline.com/health/health...ucid-dream

Personally, I believe dreams are divine; even have interpretations.
This verse from the Quran makes me think that:

Quote:Sura 39, The Quran:
https://quran.com/39?startingVerse=42

(42) Allah takes away the souls at the time of their death and of those who do not die during their sleep. He withholds the souls of those on whom He has decreed death, and releases others until an appointed term. Indeed, there are signs in this for people who reflect.

We go to "God" when we sleep; what we see there our minds recall as symbols.

So if we dream of a dog, maybe God showed us our enemy, but our brain interpreted the vision we saw as a dog.
If we dream of war, maybe God showed us the misery and pain to come, but our brain interpreted the vision as a war.

If a dream seemed stupid and gullible, maybe your brain is filled with stupidity, thus its translation to symbols is mere stupidity.

What do you think?

It seems pretty silly of God to speak to dreaming people symbolically. If there's an enemy coming for you, maybe God should just tell you who that is instead of showing you a dog. I mean, you could be out dog-shopping while your enemy is back at your place, hamstringing your sheep or something.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 25, 2023 at 9:51 pm)Tomato Wrote: Dreams are just the subconscious employing an imaginative interpretation of daily life.

What about prophetic dreams about future events?
They tell future events in ways that can't be a coincidence.
(April 26, 2023 at 4:37 am)WinterHold Wrote:
(April 25, 2023 at 9:51 pm)Tomato Wrote: Dreams are just the subconscious employing an imaginative interpretation of daily life.

What about prophetic dreams about future events?
They tell future events in ways that can't be a coincidence.

No, they really don't.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I just had a dream where god told me, to tell you, to give me everything you own.
(April 25, 2023 at 9:59 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Imagine the kind of ego it takes to think that talking to yourself is a conversation with a god.

When the dream tells the encounter and fate of a relationship and you live the events of the dream in reality, its not ego here. It's a prophetic dream:

https://www.dreams.co.uk/sleep-matters-c...reams-mean

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreams Heat 3 936 December 22, 2015 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Lucid Dreaming IATIA 39 4494 May 12, 2015 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Waking Dreams DeistPaladin 20 4769 November 6, 2014 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Exian
  Cave of Forgotten Dreams Epimethean 0 942 June 25, 2011 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Epimethean