Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats The Harm?
Whats The Harm?
Forgive me if this has been posted here, but I just found this site while researching an exorcism. It covers a number of topics and how they have been harmful by listing victims by topic.

http://whatstheharm.net/index.html
RE: Whats The Harm?
Whoa, interesting site. Pretty cool, time to go exploring...
~ Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish.
Great find, Shell.

(April 8, 2011 at 6:30 pm)Sarcasm Wrote: Whoa, interesting site. Pretty cool, time to go exploring...

I've been doing that for about 20 minutes and am quite disgusted.

(April 8, 2011 at 6:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Great find, Shell.

Thanks, Min. I thought it would be something folks here could appreciate. The exorcisms alone are horrifying.
(April 8, 2011 at 6:34 pm)Shell B Wrote: I've been doing that for about 20 minutes and am quite disgusted.

Yea, i found out more than i wanted to.
~ Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish.
(April 8, 2011 at 6:44 pm)Sarcasm Wrote: Yea, i found out more than i wanted to.

Yeah, read a little about Anneliese Michel. Now that is finding out more than you want to.

Quote:Nancy Brewster
El Paso, Texas

She got a lump on her neck at 5 and soon was too sick to go to school. A Christian Science practitioner prayed for her and said the illness was an illusion. When she died there was no funeral and the family never spoke of her again.

What a fucking horrible family.
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
Quote:Terrance Cottrell Jr.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Died
August 22, 2003

Diagnosed as autistic at 2, he was a problem child. Church members thought he was possessed by the devil. In an exorcism he was held down for two hours until he suffocated. The pastor was sentenced to prison, but never admitted guilt. Read more & more

I feel for this kid.

The paster deserves HELL

Quote:Jacqui Dean (MP)
Otago, New Zealand

Public embarrassment
August 23, 2007

She was fooled by an online hoax that demanded a ban of "dihidrogen monoxide". (This is another name for water). She sent a letter to the Health Ministry asking for an opinion on banning the substance. Read more

Pretty hard to believe anyone is this stupid.
(April 8, 2011 at 10:00 pm)Emporion Wrote:
Quote:Terrance Cottrell Jr.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Died
August 22, 2003

Diagnosed as autistic at 2, he was a problem child. Church members thought he was possessed by the devil. In an exorcism he was held down for two hours until he suffocated. The pastor was sentenced to prison, but never admitted guilt. Read more & more

I feel for this kid.

The paster deserves HELL
Damn this happened in my state...why wasn't this spread across the news or anything? Strange that nobody in my state even mentions anything like this ever.

(April 8, 2011 at 6:24 pm)Shell B Wrote: Forgive me if this has been posted here, but I just found this site while researching an exorcism. It covers a number of topics and how they have been harmful by listing victims by topic.

http://whatstheharm.net/index.html

Thank you Shell B for the website, I hope this site will enlighten people on the dangers of all sorts of pseudoscience which have hurt and killed countless people over the ages.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's The Harm? NoMoreFaith 11 3020 March 12, 2012 at 8:59 am
Last Post: NoMoreFaith