Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Password overload.
Password overload.
How the fuck do I keep all those passwords and such safe and straight?
RE: Password overload.
Write them in a little notebook and keep it in your desk drawer.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I have a shit* doc.

*"Shit I can't remember."
post it note on the edge of the screen
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(June 18, 2023 at 5:49 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: post it note on the edge of the screen
It's three pages. It's locked when on the computer. Password is ............ I think. Think
I keep my passwords in a hidden drawer.  Naughty
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Pen and paper is your backup. An old fuck like you should still remember how to write.

(June 18, 2023 at 7:40 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Pen and paper is your backup. An old fuck like you should still remember how to write.
An old fuck like me can run a printer. My handwriting is much worse than my memory.
Between work and personal passwords, I have quite a list and some are really picky about allowing errors or mis-keys. Some of the industry specific programs I use actually require getting in touch with a third party before the normal three strikes - you're out.

I have a notebook with logins and passwords but they aren't in there with any rhyme or reason and often not even what program. I know where they are and luckily only need to go there when I run into a site that requires a new password after X number of days. I also open some programs with one browser and other with another browser. My husband is so very not computer savvy and he doesn't know anything about the notebook.

For a time I had a system but when I started at my current job, I was assigned logins and passwords. So that shot my system all to hell.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Download one of the many free password managers.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.