Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say what???
Say what???
Tinnitus, ringing in the ears. Finally getting my noise-canceling earpieces end of next month.*

Boss Lady may have a better idea. "You should get listening aides, not hearing aides." There was only one response for that, "Eh, what? Huh?"

*"Fast or free? You pick'em."
RE: Say what???
Same problem, slight tinitus, if there is a background noise (running water or similar) I know someone is talking but can't make out the words. My wife says I'm just hard of listening!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Have it too. Some medications make it worse. If you ever wonder if something you are taking is causing issues just ask the Google machine if the drug is ototoxic...lots of them are, even OTC.

I just deal any more. When I was out in the world I needed them for work but I get along fine most of the time without them.

Scared the Bejeebus out of me when I first got them and they were programmed to my phone and the phone rang. I disabled that crap in a hurry.

I will put them in when I go to the dentist so I can listen to music from my phone...all Bluetoothy and stuff.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Too many gigs without earplugs for me, definite hearing loss though not requiring hearing aids.

The VA gets a steady stream of GIs wanting these, I hope they live up to the promise.

And yeah, "hard of listening" is a reason to get them.
I have fairly mild tinnitus that can be ignored 99.9% of the time. Tends to be worse when I'm tired, but even then it just blends into the background ambiance. The noise-cancelling earpieces sound intriguing, though.
Full review in September sometime.

Primary claimer: I have not given the VA or associated entities permission to repeat my views.
WHAT??? 
YEAH, THAT SHIT.
Husband used to get pretty frustrated with me because I often didn't hear him. He has a deep, low voice. I said 'what' so often it became one of the words our African Gray said with some frequency. When I would give my ears a rest by taking out my hearing aids, husband would fuss at me to wear them so he didn't have to repeat himself.

It has evened out now that he doesn't want to wear glasses all the time and needs me to read things to him...like how long to cook something and what temp to preheat the oven to. Now I get to tell him to give up and wear his damn glasses.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I just say, and I'm just being honest... J a c k 6343 592790 July 24, 2022 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 470 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama