Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Engineering
Social Engineering
What do you guys think about this subject? Can you post some useful links about it?
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
RE: Social Engineering
It's bad and has always existed.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Civilization is social engineering. The former can not exist without the latter.
(April 9, 2011 at 4:19 pm)Chuck Wrote: Civilization is social engineering. The former can not exist without the latter.

The truth is true. I don't like it! But it's true.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
If you don't like social engineering, you can reverse its effects on you by living as a hunter gatherer in inbred family groups the size of chimpanzee clan.

Since the Paleolithic, every major human progress in human organization required purposed efforts to reorder human society by design - social engineering.
(April 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm)Overmars Wrote: What do you guys think about this subject? Can you post some useful links about it?

It's rather broad term,could you give an outline of your position?

One line questions without an accompanying idea ,seem a little lazy to me.Cool Shades
(April 9, 2011 at 5:17 pm)Chuck Wrote: If you don't like social engineering, you can reverse its effects on you by living as a hunter gatherer in inbred family groups the size of chimpanzee clan.

Since the Paleolithic, every major human progress in human organization required purposed efforts to reorder human society by design - social engineering.

I do enjoy picking berries. Tongue
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I love social engineering. I always go down the pub when I'm designing a bridge or plane engine.

sorry, haha.
Modern Social Engeneering is just and simply, fashion, media, fad's, movie's and the usage of mixed messages that slightly change your perspective, little by little you are engineered by all these thing's to be the perfect slave. Your emotions are what enslave you, as a human being you are nothing more than an advanced learning system, add emotions and your totally programmable learning system. Toss out your emotion's to truely be free and see the world for the dark gloomy place it really is.

"sometime's ignorance is bliss"
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(April 9, 2011 at 4:19 pm)Chuck Wrote: Civilization is social engineering. The former can not exist without the latter.

To an extent yeah, we promote or condemn desires to change the desires of others, we praise or condemn desires that tend do good and condemn those that tend to do bad, we also punish and reward the results of action to deter people from acting on certain desires but it's organic unlike the central planning engineering of social attitudes which most people are concerned about, me included.

That being said, the statement "Civilization is social engineering" is inaccurate, it is significant but not ultimate, our nature plays a large part of what makes the Civilization and there are a number of other smaller factors too.