Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creator God Gets to Make the Rules
Creator God Gets to Make the Rules
If there is a Creator god, is he allowed, by virtue of being the creator and controller of everything, to do what he wants? Even if it is unjust? Even if it doesn't make sense to his creations?

Does he have the right to kill us, to manipulate us, to demand worship?

Like, I'm talking about "right" as in we aren't allowed to be upset, we have no authority to stand on to challenge him because he made us, he owns us. We have no justification for our rebellion because we were created for his purposes.

RE: Creator God Gets to Make the Rules
Reply to your imaginary friend.

[Image: cutepics08.gif]
@Gawdzilla Sama Who are you talking to? Lol

The issue I always see is the one of existence. Is the deity empirically proven to exist? If so, then I guess under the same rule which applies to the monarchy, the deity can likewise govern as it wishes. Doesn't mean it is right, however, from our perspective.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 24, 2023 at 7:39 pm)Tomato Wrote: The issue I always see is the one of existence. Is the deity empirically proven to exist? If so, then I guess under the same rule which applies to the monarchy, the deity can likewise govern as it wishes. Doesn't mean it is right, however, from our perspective.

Well that's exactly it. Is it truly unfair if the thing existed and if he made the rules?

It's a justification I've heard a lot. Like the whole "might makes right" argument but pushed further. Like, we're not even owed an explanation or an emotion simply because he's the creator.

I'm trying to reason it out, trying to figure out what the flaw is. Because in my gut, it doesn't make sense. Yet as an artist, I can tear up my paintings, even if they were sentient. If your book characters were alive, you know? Do you have the right to claim ownership forever over them, even if they were talking back to you, pleading with you don't, to stop giving them tragic backstories and pushing enemies to lovers? Hit that backspace, shut them up forever.

Yes, unfortunate as it is, it amounts to the kind of power it has. It if has the power to exert its control, punish those who disobey, then it can do what it wants. Still doesn't make it right from our perspective if what we're seeing and interpreting is gross injustice of humanity.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
If there was no fear in this *divine* creator, there would be many fewer followers...it's the guilt and fear that keep them coming back for more of that forgiveness and love...think - abusive relationship.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I think it's a major hole in the pitch. Gods gonna do what a gods gonna do. Nothing I can do about that, so why should I care?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Why is the creator of all that there is considered a male? If there is a creator, it is far beyond what the tiny, puny, measly, insignificant, hooman brain can comprehend.
The answer IMHO is this: the authority of any creator is justified by the degree it participates in the nature of the ultimate Creator, one that is identitcal the the God of Classical theism.
<insert profound quote here>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)? theMadJW 117 10346 April 29, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  God as a non-creator Fake Messiah 13 1668 January 21, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9553 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1181 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bill Maher: New Rules 9-28-18 Minimalist 1 774 September 29, 2018 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44903 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3617 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  If there is a creator, so what? robvalue 334 29414 November 21, 2016 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: philadelphialawyer
  Can you make a God claim? robvalue 363 50201 January 19, 2015 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Disbelief in an intelligent creator = far fetched? Foxaèr 39 7851 January 12, 2015 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Nope