Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increased door-knocking...
Increased door-knocking...
I've had a third door knock from yet another Jehovah witness this week! It's never been this much before.
I think they know their religion is in trouble. No one goes to church, hardly anyone pays any attention to religion and now more and more people are turning away from it.
I sense panic from the religious. Big Grin

I think we're winning! [Image: clap.gif]

I think the increased activity is nothing more than a desperate attempt to keep their religion from dying by keeping it's head above water. You know religion is dying when they get desperate and start panicking.
Even my sis has received a few door knocks and she's on the other side of town. A time to celebrate or do we wait a bit longer?

What's the religious activity like where you are?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
RE: Increased door-knocking...
I think I last got approached by a couple of JWs at a bus stop about 4 years ago, wish they tried it now, I was a much more forgiving Atheist back then. But I've had little to no religious bother since then, but I do live in The most godless city in Britain apparently, so it's to be expected.
I've never seen a JW and they're just around the corner from me. They know you're weakening Ace - it's obviously showing. You have the mark of the model follower Big Grin
I'm in New York City but I have not been pestered by the JWs in awhile. I see them around all the time though with their stupid Awake and Watchtower publications. When they approach me I just shake my head side to side without saying a word and they keep walking.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Why is it that they seem to be aiming for me? 3 in a fucking week! There is a church nearby but still, this level of activity is unusual. Humpf!
Need to buy a "No religious wackos" sign for me door. That should do it.

Quote:They know you're weakening Ace - it's obviously showing. You have the mark of the model follower
Yeah right. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I was approached by two girls at a busy intersection yesterday. They said they were students studying the Bible, and had an urgent message for me about Passover and how I can avoid disaster. I just cut them off right there, and said 'I'm a complete atheist, sorry!' I wish I was more witty, would have said something more amusing...

I hate it when religious people feel the need to shove their superstitions down everyone's throats. I guess it must be a sign that they're getting pretty desperate. Once in a while they'll get lucky and stumble upon a gullible person, I suppose...
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
I have an American Atheists sticker on my door, but it doesnt stop them from knocking. We have Mormons in my neighborhood, and they knocked all the time until one of them made the mistake of saying "Evolution is wrong". I then stepped out of my door and proceeded to give them a basic lesson on biology, natural selection, the difference of artifical selection, and how all of the known evidence we have shows that a guding intelligence is not needed to create, nor sustain it. I could tell that the younger Mormon was starting to relate, and get interested. The older of the two noticed this as well and decided to cut the conversation short and nudge his companion to leave. The younger obviously wanted to stay and chat longer, because I was being very kind with them and science (i think) always appeals to the curiosity of the young.

I have never had a knock on the door since.

Well, a few months ago I was sitting on the gate of my truck, sipping beer when a Baptist Pastor approached. I figured who he was and offered him and his cohorts a brew of their own. They kindly refused. When he started with the usual dialogue I kindly stopped him in the middle of his set up, informed him that I was an "easy going atheist". He was actually pretty cool about it. I then informed him that he wasnt going to have much luck on this block, as most of the people are Roman Catholic or Pentacostal, "..but if you could.." I added, "..go down to that trailer there and knock on their door? Those are the Mormons that bugged me before and I would like to see them get a bit of their own medicine." To which he got a hardy laugh out of.

A light sense of humor and a smile always goes a long way, dont you agree?
It is good news, but I still think we should not be relaxed and glad...there is still so much to do, so much fighting to be won before religion disappears...The current trend is awesome but there is no insurance that it will continue.
I live on fraternity row around my university next to the local, liberal Christian fraternity (they're nice neighbors... very quiet). Yet, for some reason, religio-tards who peddle their cult is a rarity.
I got my first mormons of the year about a week ago and they are starting to hone their proselytizing skills. They used to come around asking people if the knew the story of Joseph Smith. Because too many people actually do know the story of Joseph Smith they now coming around saying, "We are going door to door asking people about life and what they think its purpose is." I took one look at their shirts, ties, and nametags and smiled. I bit my lip and stopped my mouth from saying all of the condescending thoughts running through my head while saying, "No, thanks." I think that was the most self-restraint I've ever shown.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Door knocking Darwinian 13 1040 September 18, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5311 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  door to door recruitment.. atheist04330 90 10503 August 7, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Two Mormons knocked on my door today vodkafan 10 2817 June 2, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Door to door religion yoshirama 43 7784 January 31, 2014 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  How do you make the door to door religious people go away? TaraJo 43 22211 September 15, 2012 at 6:37 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  christians at the door? lilphil1989 5 2128 February 13, 2009 at 2:13 am
Last Post: funnyguy