Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inceldom
Inceldom
Ever since I heard of the phenomenon/trend of inceldom I've wanted to discuss/empathize with other people who feel they suffer in this way. I don't qualify as an incel so perhaps I'm not 100% equipped to understand how this feels, but I'm interested and I want to try and connect. I tried browsing incel forums and threads on the net but I found the atmosphere there so repugnant that I did not dare to post. Also, I found the hate and bullying so intense from both "sides" (if there are sides, really) that I found it extremely bothersome to read. So I'm interested to know if there is anyone who browse these forums who identify as an incel and who would like to talk about it?
RE: Inceldom
I'm about 47,000,000,000,000 rungs below an incel.
(August 30, 2023 at 4:17 am)no one Wrote: I'm about 47,000,000,000,000 rungs below an incel.

Hold on. Let me just google this number here. 47 trillion rungs, eh? That's pretty dark, my friend! Am I wrong in assuming that you're not truly self-identifying as an incel then? Have you never been with anyone in "that" way and/or experienced intimacy with someone you're attracted to? If not, that sucks. You've never lost your virginity? If not, why do you think that is?
I am a miserable, wretched, sack of worthless shit.
I'm happy to talk. I started a thread here called 'Black Pill dating advice' which presents many of views on this issue.

I didn't have a mutually attracted sexual/romantic relationship until I was 46.

I was bullied into mental illness for my looks between 11-19, and never really recovered. I've been dealing with the mental health problems caused by that, and the knock-on effects (like a long, sexless, highly toxic marriage), all my life. Loneliness is something I'm highly familiar with.

I'm not an incel (indeed I find the term a total misnomer), and the more hateful and sexist side of online incel culture is very grim indeed. But I have spoken to a fair few incels (and a couple femcels) and Black Pill folk and have a fair degree of understanding, I think, for their viewpoints.
No one owes anyone sex. The end.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 30, 2023 at 5:22 am)arewethereyet Wrote: No one owes anyone sex. The end.

This is absolutely true.

But sex/love/reproduction is a basic human psychological need that if left unfulfilled leads to health issues and creates social problems.

I'm empathic to the latter, and wish to address the issue, without compromising my strong stance on the former.
A concurrent thread on Black Pill here (some overlap of issues):
https://atheistforums.org/thread-65338-p...pid2165060
(August 30, 2023 at 5:00 am)no one Wrote: I am a miserable, wretched, sack of worthless shit.

Most people feel like that sometimes. But that doesn't really answer my questions. Do you think this feeling you have is the reason you've not gotten enough intimacy in your life? To feel good about yourself, that is? That's more of a goth thing to say, I find it a little bit humorous.  Cool Sure you're really an incel?
(August 30, 2023 at 4:11 am)Moebius Wrote: Ever since I heard of the phenomenon/trend of inceldom I've wanted to discuss/empathize with other people who feel they suffer in this way. I don't qualify as an incel so perhaps I'm not 100% equipped to understand how this feels, but I'm interested and I want to try and connect. I tried browsing incel forums and threads on the net but I found the atmosphere there so repugnant that I did not dare to post. Also, I found the hate and bullying so intense from both "sides" (if there are sides, really) that I found it extremely bothersome to read. So I'm interested to know if there is anyone who browse these forums who identify as an incel and who would like to talk about it?

I guess there have always been lonely single people. No doubt some percentage of them get bitter at the world. 

Would you say there is a difference between modern incels and good old-fashioned lonely horny guys? Is it just that the Internet has allowed them to find each other and give themselves a name? Or is there something new going on?