Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is atheism worth living for?
Is atheism worth living for?
Is atheism worth living for? There's belief to die for in atheism, but to live for? I am irreligious in life and hopefully death. What cause would you die for but you can barely stand its followers?
RE: Is atheism worth living for?
There is only as much worth in something that you want to put it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 1, 2023 at 4:09 pm)MarcusA Wrote: Is atheism worth living for? There's belief to die for in atheism, but to live for? I am irreligious in life and hopefully death. What cause would you die for but you can barely stand its followers?

Depends on the atheist in question.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 1, 2023 at 4:11 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: There is only as much worth in something that you want to put it.

Oh, I put in alright and then my fellows tell me to shove it up my arse. But far worse is the silent treatment and this applies to the majority of atheists. If I wanted quietism, I would have joined the Church. But if I don't stop myself, nobody else will. Not even God could achieve that.
What is my madness? I doubt that it ever really went away.
Humanism puts humanity first, and God, a distant second.
People of actual faith are very hard to find on the ground. And blind faith is a danger to life lived.
I'm an atheist but I don't live for atheism. Not sure why anyone would.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(September 1, 2023 at 4:09 pm)MarcusA Wrote: Is atheism worth living for? There's belief to die for in atheism, but to live for? I am irreligious in life and hopefully death. What cause would you die for but you can barely stand its followers?

Atheism is a lack of belief in one thing. I don't have a clue as to what you're going on about.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I don't understand the question.
I don't believe in gods, pixies or goblins what's this "is it worth living for" about it's just the way I am
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your point of living? joe90 82 10739 May 9, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Would it be worth it? Astonished 53 9143 July 30, 2017 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27118 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Stupid Book 'Abundant Living' RiddledWithFear 8 1877 December 20, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The Joy of Living Dangerously; Sanderson of Oundle FebruaryOfReason 1 1159 February 7, 2016 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Best Living Spokesman for Atheism athrock 167 26290 December 30, 2015 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  i think we are living in the end times! Rextos 5 1772 December 17, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Currently living in a "Christian Program." Secular Atheist 23 6299 July 29, 2015 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Alex K
  8 atheist leaders actually worth listening to MattB 43 10562 July 26, 2015 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Chas
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12474 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott