Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rewriting scenes in "Dune".
Rewriting scenes in "Dune".
Start with "House Atreides Accepts!" Then Leto turns to Paul and invites him to come stand next to him while he puts the seal on the Imperial Directive.
This is shown being projected on all the planets of the Empire.
The Baron is shown snarling at Leto and then his attention turns to Paul.
"That gorgeous boy!"
Piter has a strange look on his face.
RE: Rewriting scenes in "Dune".
Definitely make it gay, gay, gay!
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Why can't Atreides and Harkonnens coexist on Dune? It's a planet so they can be there at the same time.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 5, 2023 at 4:08 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Why can't Atreides and Harkonnens coexist on Dune? It's a planet so they can be there at the same time.

The forms of kanly, "vendetta in the old tongue", must be obeyed. "The Hatfields and McCoys go to space" as it were.
(September 5, 2023 at 4:08 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Why can't Atreides and Harkonnens coexist on Dune? It's a planet so they can be there at the same time.

The Atreides accused a Harkonnen of cowardice at the Battle of Corrino, and the Harkonnens have been butthurt about it for generations.

Also, melange is a source of almost unimaginable wealth, which the Harkonnens aren’t willing to share.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 5, 2023 at 4:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

The Atreides accused a Harkonnen of cowardice at the Battle of Corrino, and the Harkonnens have been butthurt about it for generations.

Also, melange is a source of almost unimaginable wealth, which the Harkonnens aren’t willing to share.

Boru

I was just about to look up the battle, to get the name right.

In 80 years House Hog took in 800,000,000,000 solaris.
The English lyrics to the Sarduakar throat singing:

never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna run around and hurt you.
If I may ask, what's so great about Dune.

Never read the book(s). Only saw the most recent movie with the gay thirst trap (not my type, by the way), but I suppose I just don't see a representation of the social issues I prefer.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 5, 2023 at 5:20 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: If I may ask, what's so great about Dune.

Never read the book(s). Only saw the most recent movie with the gay thirst trap (not my type, by the way), but I suppose I just don't see a representation of the social issues I prefer.

I read it when it came out in paperback, ~1967. I rated it withStranger in a Strange Land. It's spawned dozens of books in the Duneverse. People either like it or hate it. This varies with how much one's mind is made up before starting to read it.
I read Dune in the mid 80s. A boyfriend was sure I would love it. I didn't. Remember almost nothing other than I had to force myself to finish the book.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big squarish dick-thing in Dune? Gawdzilla Sama 26 1529 January 10, 2024 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Worst scenes in movies Fake Messiah 30 2653 October 19, 2023 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Movie scenes that made you crap your pants. Brian37 33 2621 November 5, 2021 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Favorite Scenes from Favorite Fiims chimp3 46 3488 February 10, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Athene
  Lengendary Entertainment to take a crack at Dune Kosh 22 4830 April 13, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your favorite movie scenes. Something completely different 13 2883 March 18, 2013 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Rayaan