Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubereats
Ubereats
I've never used it, but everyone around me does. The one thing they always complain about is how expensive it is, but they continue to use it all the time anyway.

Do you use the service, and how often?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Ubereats
I seldom order from places who use 3rd party delivery like UberEats and DoorDash. They tend to sucker you in with deals at first and then they try to sell you a subscription which isn't worth it to us as we seldom order delivery any more. I find that by the time you pay the delivery fee and the tip and the food - you may as well go get it yourself.

The last time I used DoorDash, the order was for food and drink. The food came, but no drinks. By then the tip was already charged and I had to go through a big thing to get it straight. The driver told me that he just picked up the order it wasn't his fault if it was wrong. So I was overcharged and I don't really like to tip beforehand. Get my food to me right and in a timely manner and I will tip.

They were a little better during the peak of COVID and got people hooked on the service while they slid the price up and up and up.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

We’ve got both services here, I’ve never used them. My wife has an employee who does - he’ll order a latte from the coffee house that is LITERALLY across the street and pay about 3x what he would if he walked over.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
There are times I will start to place a food order online and by the time I get to paying part of the deal I decide to go into the kitchen and find something to eat.

By the time taxes and fees and tips are added on...yeesh!

Now and then a couple places we get food from will 'reward' us with free delivery but that never seems to be available at regular mealtimes. They are trying to get something sold during their slow times.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Never used them, but if people are complaining they are expensive, why do they continue to use them??
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 15, 2023 at 3:02 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Never used them, but if people are complaining they are expensive, why do they continue to use them??

Convenience.

I sometimes use these platforms... when I had COVID and was quarantining it was nice. Also on days where I've worked 12 hours and the last thing I want to think about is cooking or how I'm going to get food. But all in all, these apps are usually a waste of money.

It's far too common for folks my age (late 20s) to use their very-non-disposal income paying an extra 30% for no reason other than they don't feel like leaving their apartment. It's bizarre. Maybe it's a depression thing? So many young people in the US seems to have depression, anxiety, or both. In the times I've been depressed, ordering dinner so I don't have to be outside sounded perfect.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
If I can't be arsed to at least hit the drive-thru/curbside, I'll just make something. They aren't' worth the cost, or the hassle when they fuck up your order.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I was using it too much for things like salads and my husband was like, “you can’t make a salad, babe?”

No, I can’t. Salads are hard!! Dodgy

Anyway, there are so many choices, even with it being expensive, it can get addictive so I say don’t use it too often.