Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has pathology saved more lives than it has killed?
Has pathology saved more lives than it has killed?
Has pathology saved more people (by providing us with scientific insights) than it has killed? Before Semmelweis'es discovery became accepted, pathology obviously killed many people. Bacteria from dead bodies at the hands of physicians killed many people, which wouldn't happen if there was no pathology.
RE: Has pathology saved more lives than it has killed?
Take a handful of sesame seeds and some heme iron and call us in the morning.

Yeah, I know, what does that mean.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 20, 2023 at 2:44 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: Has pathology saved more people (by providing us with scientific insights) than it has killed? Before Semmelweis'es discovery became accepted, pathology obviously killed many people. Bacteria from dead bodies at the hands of physicians killed many people, which wouldn't happen if there was no pathology.

Pathology has never killed anyone, ever.

Boru

Edit to add: Idiot.
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I imagine like most experts in any field, there is usually a huge disconnect between the people who implement policy based on pathology and actual affects in the field.

For instance, short of full body hazmat suitting while entering a covid room, germs sneezed and coughed into the air still gets picked up in the hair and on the feet.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:pa·thol·o·gy
/pəˈTHäləjē/
noun
the science of the causes and effects of diseases, especially the branch of medicine that deals with the laboratory examination of samples of body tissue for diagnostic or forensic purposes.
"research people skilled in experimental pathology"

So, can we erase all the above* and start again?

*Just to be fair.
(September 20, 2023 at 3:45 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
Quote:pa·thol·o·gy
/pəˈTHäləjē/
noun
the science of the causes and effects of diseases, especially the branch of medicine that deals with the laboratory examination of samples of body tissue for diagnostic or forensic purposes.
"research people skilled in experimental pathology"

So, can we erase all the above* and start again?

*Just to be fair.

Thank you. It’s pathogens that kill people, not the study of pathogens (pathology).

Although, I was looking forward to Flatty trying to figure that out. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 20, 2023 at 3:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 20, 2023 at 3:45 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: So, can we erase all the above* and start again?

*Just to be fair.

Thank you. It’s pathogens that kill people, not the study of pathogens (pathology).

Boru

Have you hit your head today?  Or inhaled noxious fumes?  Are you okay?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 20, 2023 at 3:49 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(September 20, 2023 at 3:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Thank you. It’s pathogens that kill people, not the study of pathogens (pathology).

Boru

Have you hit your head today?  Or inhaled noxious fumes?  Are you okay?

Look, woman - you take YOUR fun where YOU find it, and I’ll take mine.

Boru
Found mine. Hilarious
(September 20, 2023 at 3:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 20, 2023 at 3:49 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Have you hit your head today?  Or inhaled noxious fumes?  Are you okay?

Look, woman - you take YOUR fun where YOU find it, and I’ll take mine.

Boru

That's fair.   Hehe

I was just concerned there for a moment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitler was a Jew that killed Jews, in the name of a Jew? Mystical 11 2399 February 13, 2017 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Alex K