Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why is a atheist lifestyle nearly impossible in the USA?
Why is a atheist lifestyle nearly impossible in the USA?
There's these Kell's computers in every library with guys everywhere. Where does an atheist extend his atheist friendship tree around here? The movies rack at the libraries has everything like:
"Pistol this"
"Pistol that"
"Time to die again"
"Shoot something else"
"No time for comedy, where's my gun?"

And it's everywhere. It's like the IRA owns all the public libraries.

So, where does an atheist guy (or girl) go to extend his atheist friendships? I can't even post in Craigslist on the atheist forum and don't know why. Perhaps because I lived in GA not too long ago which is where I last tried to use it and was barred with AT&T.

Ideas?
The American Atheists site has protests on the website all the time. Clearly this is not a good atheist lifestyle and they can't seem to set a good example. 

Almost all the atheist and humanist organizations want money for membership but the homeless are sent to churches when their food stamps run out for the month, which they do every month and it appears it's short to send them there on purpose. So with this "homeless & church" blockbuster movie always running in the USA, where does atheism begin?  Bow Down

Suggestions? Ideas?

Roger
RE: Why is a atheist lifestyle nearly impossible in the USA?
Tell me what the IRA has to do with libraries.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I am failing to see the connection between a movie rack and trying to form friendships.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I’m still puzzling over what is meant by ‘atheist lifestyle’. Bar going churching, I don’t imagine my lifestyle would be very different if I was a believer.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I have never been religious, never. I have no problems in the US unless one of my batshit relatives wants to "help" me. Otherwise, I'm fine.
Craigslist has an atheist forum? Seems like a silly place for one.

Atheism begins with the individual. You'll have to figure out where to find 'atheist friendship' for yourself, just like the rest of us.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 4, 2023 at 3:51 pm)brewer Wrote: Craigslist has an atheist forum? Seems like a silly place for one.

Atheism begins with the individual. You'll have to figure out where to find 'atheist friendship' for yourself, just like the rest of us.

Here in St. Louis the topic doesn't come up much from what I've seen. I suspect that most people would be grateful if it was a moot issue.
In honor of this thread, I'm going to punch two old ladies today. Maybe eat an extra infant. Definitely going to kill a few extra kittens.
(October 4, 2023 at 3:10 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Tell me what the IRA has to do with libraries.

They haven't gone away, you know...

Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I don't have a problem being atheist even here in Tejas.