Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ayaan Hirsi Ali now claims to be Christian.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali now claims to be Christian.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali most famous for her book "Infidel" now claims she is a Christian. 

https://unherd.com/2023/11/why-i-am-now-a-christian/
RE: Ayaan Hirsi Ali now claims to be Christian.
She was also supportive of Trump, so it's not a surprise that she makes stupid life decisions.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The last time I made cauliflower, I added a little too much coconut aminos to the marinade. That matters more to me that Ali’s alleged conversion.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Who???

(November 12, 2023 at 5:48 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Ayaan Hirsi Ali most famous for her book "Infidel" now claims she is a Christian. 

https://unherd.com/2023/11/why-i-am-now-a-christian/

One year at Skepticon (#something) in Springfield Illinois me and boss lady gave PZed a ride to a local creationist "museum". I pointed out the plates on our PT Cruiser, "AYAAN".
Awesome, what I'm hearing is that she's still a hostage to some abrahamic whatever. Sucks, but I accept that it's probably true.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 12, 2023 at 6:12 pm)h4ym4n Wrote: Who???

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is famous for escaping Islam and becoming a member of Parliament in Denmark. while making a documentary on the treatment of women in Islam the filmmaker was stabbed to death with a note saying "your next". She later moved to America and wrote a book Infidel, as an autobiography to her leaving Islam called "Infidel". It is a really good book, which is why she is a huge disappointment to me now. But this happens in life all the time so it at the same time is also not surprising.
(November 12, 2023 at 7:25 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Awesome, what I'm hearing is that she's still a hostage to some abrahamic whatever.  Sucks, but I accept that it's probably true.

Not probably, you can go to her Twitter/x page and see her link to her article. It is true according to her.
(November 12, 2023 at 6:12 pm)h4ym4n Wrote: Who???

And, why should we care?!?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I guess I phrased that poorly. I'm certain that it's true. I think it's a travesty, but I don't doubt that in the end the only way a person like her can ever conceive of rebelling against that upbringing is by joining some other stupid fucking cult with antithetical claims.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scary claims of God's punishments debunk_pls 30 4022 September 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Evidence for atheist claims Wryetui 629 72772 June 10, 2016 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: madog
  Margaret Atwood claims atheism is a religion Foxaèr 36 9882 July 11, 2015 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Metis
  Atheists and Feminists at Yale also tried to get Ayaan Hirsi Ali banned from speaking TheMessiah 18 3245 March 31, 2015 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Ayaan's recent Yale speech...cant find it. Brian37 7 2382 September 19, 2014 at 7:51 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I don't believe theists and reject their claims of theism. The Reality Salesman01 21 9540 May 14, 2013 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Positive claims and atheists Jeffonthenet 42 16465 July 11, 2012 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird