Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If There Was A HELPFUL God…
If There Was A HELPFUL God…
…who actually delivered when you asked it for stuff, what would you want? Nothing world- changing, just little stuff to make your own life a little better.

For me, it’d be food that never went bad; no more mouldy bread or brown lettuce or black-spotted tomatoes. And not for the cash savings, just the frustration. You get jonesing for a ham sandwich and the bread has started to go that shade of ‘danger green’.

Seems little enough to ask.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: If There Was A HELPFUL God…
"food that never went bad" isn't really little stuff.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
I'd like a do-over on the breast removal thing. A decent god would have been a bit nicer than first not giving me much at all and then taking that away. The replacements and the process of replacement was/is miserable.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

The prostate of my youth,........... might as well ask for the bladder also.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'd want my mother's health back. A '59 Les Paul and a '67 blackface Bassman would be sweet, too.

That mom had a headache that night, or at least to have been stillborn.
I'd like my leg fixed. I can live with the arthritis.
Slightly world-changing, but never mind Wink ; I would ask that animals, including us humans, didn't have to eat other animals in order to live. Perfectly understandable if we are 'designed' by evolution, because then life is ultimately cycles of chemical reactions, using components shared by all life on this planet, but if something else, without limitation, wants to claim credit for 'intelligent' design, then nature does not need to be so brutal.
(February 2, 2024 at 6:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: …who actually delivered when you asked it for stuff, what would you want? Nothing world- changing, just little stuff to make your own life a little better.

For me, it’d be food that never went bad; no more mouldy bread or brown lettuce or black-spotted tomatoes. And not for the cash savings, just the frustration. You get jonesing for a ham sandwich and the bread has started to go that shade of ‘danger green’.

Boru

How about HELPFUL, as in Life itself.... is that even on the map of gratitude?
Quis ut Deus?
(February 4, 2024 at 3:08 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(February 2, 2024 at 6:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: …who actually delivered when you asked it for stuff, what would you want? Nothing world- changing, just little stuff to make your own life a little better.

Boru

How about HELPFUL, as in Life itself.... is that even on the map of gratitude?

But not all gods are credited with creating life. And as to your particular Deity of Choice, why would it make life a misery for so many millions of people? I’m fairly sure that children with bone cancer aren’t overwhelmed with gratitude.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IF There Was God... ronedee 36 1355 February 5, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Proof that there is no God Nihilist Virus 10 2357 March 31, 2017 at 1:58 am
Last Post: ronedee
  There is no argument for the existence of "God" Foxaèr 38 7449 March 15, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Helpful hints for christians dyresand 65 7272 October 16, 2015 at 11:42 am
Last Post: dyresand
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 12163 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  You cant prove there isnt a God Pope Leo Decrapio 24 5450 January 22, 2014 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  how can you say there is no god.... k2490 13 3587 January 18, 2014 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12439 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  "IF" there was a God.... ronedee 94 23768 August 17, 2013 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  First there was Cheesus crust, then there was Cheetos Jesus, now theres.... libalchris 2 2568 July 2, 2012 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Minimalist