Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEVS | on Hulu or FX maybe I don't know.
DEVS | on Hulu or FX maybe I don't know.
So a smarty smart friend told me to check out this show. We usually have very similar opinions and experiences with sci-fi shows. However I couldn't get past episode 4 or 5 not sure when I just crashed on this show.

1. I love Determinism. Cause = Effect. I like the idea that we DON'T have free will and this is all just some cosmic shit show. I don't think Sci-fi does enough with that. It's multiverse this and many worlds that. Which is fucking boring if you think about it for more than a second. If everything that ever could ever happen happens regardless of what you do in your world then... wtf. Might as well all be in the universe were we killed ourselves and don't have to deal with the drama.

2. There is this relationship which, as a viewer, we aren't asked to or required to have an interest it. It first happens quick and brief and frankly I thought they both were minor parts. The relationship is over pretty much from when we start watching the show. So to re-pipe it over and over, why I dropped it since it was all re-piping in episode 4 or 5 of this unnecessary relationship, is a choice I cannot understand of the show runner/writer or whoever was in charge.

3. Having never finished it I don't know if it is a good show, a bad show or a shit show. I know it has some promising ideas that it does stupid things with, an air gaped room? In the first episode he uses the bathroom in the "air gaped" room... where did his leavings go? Dumb. Lot of little things they could have cut and saved some face on their high brow serious approach.

4. Lot of acting talent. Some really great names attached.

Anyway that's DEVS. I'd say pass on it but it's really interesting when it's not falling all over it's self to be so stupidly sci-fi, ring lights around trees that never touch the tree in any of your camera shots? so the view is to think what? they fucking hover there? pfft. Get over yourself.

EDIT: This show isn't ART. so wasn't gonna post it there.
"I'm thick." - Me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hulu vs Netflix Foxaèr 15 1278 May 21, 2018 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Foxaèr 10 1922 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  We Know....We Know.....(sigh) Minimalist 15 2967 February 25, 2016 at 3:20 am
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Maybe they're natural. Ryantology 1 595 June 3, 2014 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Oops...I don't know how "Stealthy" it is. Minimalist 3 1038 October 22, 2010 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris