Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you see yourself in a nursing home some day?
Do you see yourself in a nursing home some day?
Or do you see yourself finishing your final days at home, with or without a support system?

Personally, from what I have witnessed working in this field, I will ensure to have measures in order to never end up in any such place.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Do you see yourself in a nursing home some day?
I sincerely believe that I would take my own life first.

Excellent question, btw.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I already have plans (Do Not Resuscitate) in place that will preclude extraordinary measures. I also do not want to be (force-) fed if a quadriplegic. I would much rather end it first, had I the chance, and at the right time- which is really tough to judge.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The premiere issue, in accordance with absurd corporate Americanism, is how the setting has become a business. It is more about money, with which is difficult for me to reconcile alongside my more caring nature. But unlike others I see in the field who have taken to limiting themselves, I tend to burn myself out by giving too much.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 7, 2024 at 3:18 pm)Fireball Wrote: I already have plans (Do Not Resuscitate) in place that will preclude extraordinary measures. I also do not want to be (force-) fed if a quadriplegic. I would much rather end it first, had I the chance, and at the right time- which is really tough to judge.

I have a DNR in place, and my brother, formerly my Dad, is my medical proxy.

He finally gets to choose whether his big sis lives or dies.
Dying to live, living to die.
Nope, I have a plan to check out should the need arise. I have a DNR but those are not fool proof. If I'm suddenly incapacitated and can't physically enact the plan yet still in control of my mind then I'll just refuse to eat/drink. Painful but less than existing in that condition for me and the family.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Not as long as heroin still exists.
(March 7, 2024 at 3:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 7, 2024 at 3:18 pm)Fireball Wrote: I already have plans (Do Not Resuscitate) in place that will preclude extraordinary measures. I also do not want to be (force-) fed if a quadriplegic. I would much rather end it first, had I the chance, and at the right time- which is really tough to judge.

I have a DNR in place, and my brother, formerly my Dad, is my medical proxy.

He finally gets to choose whether his big sis lives or dies.

Your brother was formerly your dad??

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I plan to spend my older years doing phenomenally dangerous shit I can't justify when a bunch of little ones depend on me...and if I fail to kill myself doing that, I reckon I can squeeze out a few more years mooching off of those then-grown kids while distracting their terrible kids with ridiculous lies about all of those adventures.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 7, 2024 at 4:23 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I plan to spend my older years doing phenomenally dangerous shit I can't justify when a bunch of little ones depend on me...and if I fail to kill myself doing that, I reckon I can squeeze out a few more years mooching off of those then-grown kids while distracting their terrible kids with ridiculous lies about all of those adventures.

Yeah, grandads are phenomenal liars. I once asked mine where the wind came from, and he told me, 'The Earth spins around and makes a breeze.'

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home Elevator Gwaithmir 311 35388 April 20, 2024 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  What are some things that you strongly wish were common knowledge? FlatAssembler 48 4432 November 17, 2022 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  So I banned myself from my home/regular/old forum Duty 5 773 December 24, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I’m to see a Christian Therapist CarveTheFive 24 2619 December 21, 2019 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why are some people afraid to be judged by society regarding only some things? Der/die AtheistIn 8 942 January 26, 2019 at 10:22 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  How much time do you waste a day? EgoDeath 33 2202 October 10, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: julep