Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 7, 2024, 9:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trilogy Time
Trilogy Time
You can only rewatch one film trilogy for the rest of your life. Which is it?

For me:

"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Trilogy Time
Tossup for me between The Millenium Series (Swedish version) and the Blade movies.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(June 23, 2024 at 10:00 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: The Millenium Series

Had to look it up, never seen it, but there appears to only be two movies.
~ Erin Hunter
I refuse to be pigeonholed into trinary thinking.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 23, 2024 at 10:20 pm)brewer Wrote: I refuse to be pigeonholed into trinary thinking.

With you, I'm guessing the killing spree that began as a result of the death of a dog.

Woof.
~ Erin Hunter
(June 23, 2024 at 10:05 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
(June 23, 2024 at 10:00 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: The Millenium Series

Had to look it up, never seen it, but there appears to only be two movies.
There are three.  The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

In the original Swedish, not the American version.

I own the DVDs, have read the books, and recently listened to the Audio books.

There are more in the series but they were written/finished after the author, Steig Larson, passed away.

As for any American version, perhaps there are two but I like the Swedish version better than the American Version.  Also, the main male lead of the first three movies passed away begore the next one could be made.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(June 23, 2024 at 10:22 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
(June 23, 2024 at 10:20 pm)brewer Wrote: I refuse to be pigeonholed into trinary thinking.

With you, I'm guessing the killing spree that began as a result of the death of a dog.

Woof.

^^^I may have to become quadrinary now. If I do,................. do you want to see it coming?

(....... PM to Valk for guidence)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The BRD Trilogy: The Marriage of Maria Braun (1979), Lola (1981) and Veronika Voss (1982).
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Generally speaking, most such series are not uniformly good, so one is faced with the lesser of two evils, either a trilogy that is uniformly decent, if underwhelming, or one that has one or two standouts alongside something far less commendable. Given that, I'd have to say the original Star Wars trilogy, whose titles are more or less all fairly entertaining, or the Matrix series, which, while possessing less evenness in their entertainment value, are overall quite entertaining. If I were to pick something based upon what I've heard but don't know from experience, I might pick a trio of Bergman films or the Tolkien Lord of the Rings trilogy. Though part of the appeal of both is not knowing enough to make a sound assessment of how I would feel about either after having watched them.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Silver 23 3231 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Is time travel Impossible Because time Doesn't Exist? budsa11 62 10379 August 27, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  A thought about the economy in star wars (original trilogy) dyresand 10 2845 January 18, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13