Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution and Biological Testing
Evolution and Biological Testing
Contrary to popular belief, this religion doesn't deny evolution. Furthermore this religion doesn't ban controversial scientific experiments.

In fact, stem cell research is getting tremendous funding in Iran!

Where the line is drawn is when scientist and sociologist apply these theories to human society. Social Darwinism is a complete opposite of the principles of this relgion.

The problem with social Darwinism is that the powerful upper class can use these theories to justify that helping the poor and weak is a lost cause. They can claim that evolution bypassed the lower class with not giving them the stronger genes. This kind of rational has dire consequences in society.
RE: Evolution and Biological Testing
Social Darwinism?? like WTF???

So what you are saying is that islam is just as power hungry as all the other abrahamic religions for the exact same reasons??

Money? Status? "my god's got a bigger dick than your god" Elitism??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 22, 2011 at 12:21 am)ruhollah Wrote: Where the line is drawn is when scientist and sociologist apply these theories to human society. Social Darwinism is a complete opposite of the principles of this relgion.

The problem with social Darwinism is that the powerful upper class can use these theories to justify that helping the poor and weak is a lost cause. They can claim that evolution bypassed the lower class with not giving them the stronger genes. This kind of rational has dire consequences in society.

Social Darwinism formed because people misunderstood evolution, evolutionary theory is about the survival of the best adapted rather than the survival of the fittest.

undefined
(April 22, 2011 at 12:59 am)Atman Wrote:
(April 22, 2011 at 12:21 am)ruhollah Wrote: Where the line is drawn is when scientist and sociologist apply these theories to human society. Social Darwinism is a complete opposite of the principles of this relgion.

Social Darwinism formed because people misunderstood evolution, evolutionary theory is about the survival of the best adapted rather than the survival of the fattest.

Fixed it for you Atman.... I am thinking that statement could also incorporate...
Greed, Luck/fortune, Primitive, Careless...meh
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
???

Hi there, maybe you misunderstood my post

this religion is against social Darwinism ie. applying evolution theories in a social context, eugenics, ...etc.

(April 22, 2011 at 12:56 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Social Darwinism?? like WTF???

So what you are saying is that islam is just as power hungry as all the other abrahamic religions for the exact same reasons??

Money? Status? "my god's got a bigger dick than your god" Elitism??

Hi there

That's correct, unfortunately today and even in the past (example the nazis), social Darwinism was used by the elite to justify not helping the poor and needy in any way what so ever. The elite group claim that it is thanks to their genes that they are rich and wealthy; and that helping the poor and weak is a lost cause because their genes put them in that position.

(April 22, 2011 at 12:59 am)Atman Wrote:

Social Darwinism formed because people misunderstood evolution, evolutionary theory is about the survival of the best adapted rather than the survival of the fittest.

So it isn't essentially Darwinism that is at fault here???

Just power hungry, elitist "people" who have made religious choices???
(April 22, 2011 at 12:21 am)ruhollah Wrote: Contrary to popular belief, this religion doesn't deny evolution. Furthermore this religion doesn't ban controversial scientific experiments.

In fact, stem cell research is getting tremendous funding in Iran!

Where the line is drawn is when scientist and sociologist apply these theories to human society. Social Darwinism is a complete opposite of the principles of this relgion.

Since Darwins theory is only 150 years old what did the ruling classes use for thousands of years beforehand?

That's right ... religion, i.e "the divine right of kings" and all of the rest of the religious bullshit that was used to justify their position of control.

So don't go there Rulloh, it's a fast road to nowhere on this forum.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I will just say this.... any form of monarchy is against this religion.

Those kings/queens you see ruling most of the arab nations are not following this religion.

The revolutions going on right now is a start in changing that perception.

(April 22, 2011 at 2:18 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Since Darwins theory is only 150 years old what did the ruling classes use for thousands of years beforehand?

That's right ... religion, i.e "the divine right of kings" and all of the rest of the religious bullshit that was used to justify their position of control.

(April 22, 2011 at 4:20 am)ruhollah Wrote: I will just say this.... any form of monarchy is against this religion.

Those kings/queens you see ruling most of the arab nations are not following this religion.

The revolutions going on right now is a start in changing that perception.

(April 22, 2011 at 2:18 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Since Darwins theory is only 150 years old what did the ruling classes use for thousands of years beforehand?

How do you arrive at the conclusion that they are not muslim?

They will say they are.

And this does not answer my rebuttal to your comments about social darwinism.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
It is a well known fact that monarchy is not accepted in this religion. Why do you think these riots are happening, now that the majority are better educated and can read all the religious texts.

Secondly, many of these monarchies have screwed their own people by selling their nation's most valuable resources for worthless currencies.

I don't understand your rebuttal on social Darwinism. As I stated earlier, Social Darwinism is NOT ACCEPTED in this religion. Eugenics is NOT ACCEPTED in this religion. Killing a blind/death/mute person simply because they had bad genes is NOT ACCEPTED in this religion.

Are you a supporter of eugenics? Do please demonstrate why it would be a good thing to have the wealthy class kill off the poor and weak.

(April 22, 2011 at 4:26 am)Zen Badger Wrote: How do you arrive at the conclusion that they are not muslim?

They will say they are.

And this does not answer my rebuttal to your comments about social darwinism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslim thinks that suffering happens to muslims because Allah is testing their faith comediaN 20 5315 November 26, 2015 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Is Allah simply testing the Palestinains? ReptilianPeon 21 4537 May 5, 2015 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Islam, Quran and Evolution Katelis 15 5406 January 10, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Evolution and Islam Sleepy 241 34409 December 17, 2013 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  Ahmed Alhassan (pbuh) the MAhdi talks about evolution and islam alquersh 0 1176 October 27, 2013 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: alquersh