Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
Want to say hi! I am a relatively new de-convert and am loving it. I like what I see of this forum thusfar.
...bows to no god, kingdom, or state...
RE: Hello!
And precisely what have you seen of this forum thus far? Smile

Welcome one who wished to say 'hi!' and did Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Nice hat.

Hello.
(April 27, 2011 at 4:12 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: And precisely what have you seen of this forum thus far? Smile

Welcome one who wished to say 'hi!' and did Smile

Not gonna lie...the banner had me hooked.Cool Shades
(April 27, 2011 at 4:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Nice hat.

Hello.

Thanks!
Supernaut Wrote:Not gonna lie...the banner had me hooked.

Funny... it's precisely the quote on the banner that I find weakest. Blasphemy is not a crime, and it supposes that it is. Victimless? The very concept of 'blasphemy' is largely responsible as a justification for the Spanish Inquisition and other nonsense.
(April 27, 2011 at 4:18 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
Supernaut Wrote:Not gonna lie...the banner had me hooked.

Funny... it's precisely the quote on the banner that I find weakest. Blasphemy is not a crime, and it supposes that it is. Victimless? The very concept of 'blasphemy' is largely responsible as a justification for the Spanish Inquisition and other nonsense.

Sure but used in the context of a god being a victim of blasphemy, it makes sense.
Ooh - take a cookie each. ( & welcome btw Wink )
Actually, blasphemy is a crime in some theocratic countries, like Saudi Arabia & Iran, for example.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
wow, you guys are really over analyzing the forum tag line.

It's just a whimsical device.

Welcome supernaut. don't pay too much attention to frodo or sae. They're alright, but they tend to interpret everything according to their own unique logic.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Doubting thomas Wrote:Actually, blasphemy is a crime in some theocratic countries, like Saudi Arabia & Iran, for example.

So is eating certain types of meat or doing something every weekend... but do you see the title as implying "Eating bacon is a victimless crime"? Because I can think of a lot of quotes I'd prefer for that tagline.

Cinjin Cain Wrote:Welcome supernaut. don't pay too much attention to frodo or sae. They're alright, but they tend to interpret everything according to their own unique logic.

When I'm not being particularly crazy, I can think of at least three members here who share "my logic", and 2 with fr0d0. Me and fr0d0 may or may not have overlapping logic at times... Sleepy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates