Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
Hello there. The name is Robert. I found this site through some troll drama actually and saw a Gawdzilla in the thread, recognized him from the forum I usually stay at, Rationalia, and thought why the hell not, maybe this forum might interest me.

A bit about me, I love science, history, piano, hiking, camping, sex, cocktails and thinking. I'm sure there are other minor things I enjoy but that is good enough for now.

I am an ex-Mormon and classify myself as a sort of non-theist. I try to avoid the term atheist as I don't feel it tells anyone a lot about me, it merely informs someone of what I don't believe. Either way, Hello!
RE: Hi
"Other minor things" implies that 'sex' is a minor thing.

It isn't.

And neither is pizza.

Regardless... welcome. Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Sae you pedant! Tongue

Welcome Rob! Nice intro Great
Cool Shades

Hiya, Rob...
Hey Rob, what was it like being a Mormon?
Howdy Rob!
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Dude! 'Ware the crazies here. Some of these folks are nearly as whacked out as I am.

Nearly.
(May 10, 2011 at 12:55 am)Sciencerob Wrote: Hello there. The name is Robert. I found this site through some troll drama actually and saw a Gawdzilla in the thread, recognized him from the forum I usually stay at, Rationalia, and thought why the hell not, maybe this forum might interest me.

A bit about me, I love science, history, piano, hiking, camping, sex, cocktails and thinking. I'm sure there are other minor things I enjoy but that is good enough for now.

I am an ex-Mormon and classify myself as a sort of non-theist. I try to avoid the term atheist as I don't feel it tells anyone a lot about me, it merely informs someone of what I don't believe. Either way, Hello!

Welcome. Ex Mormon... that must have been interesting.

You dislike the term atheist because it doesn't tell anyone a lot about you, but classify yourself as a 'non-theist' which is a synonym of atheist?

Makes no sense Smile
(May 10, 2011 at 9:28 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: Dude! 'Ware the crazies here. Some of these folks are nearly as whacked out as I am.

Nearly.
Not likely. The rest of us take our medications as prescribed... Wink Shades
(May 10, 2011 at 10:00 am)FBM Wrote:
(May 10, 2011 at 9:28 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: Dude! 'Ware the crazies here. Some of these folks are nearly as whacked out as I am.

Nearly.
Not likely. The rest of us take our medications as prescribed... Wink Shades

If you're taking my meds you would n't be able to complete a senten....