Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all
Hi all
Hi everyone.

Im an athiest, from a generally athiest family, i recently started reading the Torah, as part of my plan to try understand religion, i was then going to read the bible and the quran. That plan came unstuck after just 60 pages of the Torah. My 5 year old neice tells better stories off the top of her head. So the Torah is now sitting in the bin with my sons nappies.

I am quickly becoming a vocal athiest and am really starting to detest religion. I think this has been bubbling away for quite a while. I dont understand the irrationality of 'faith'.

I am a person who believes in science/proof etc and i really dont know how any one else cannot be the same. So much so im going back to college to do science (biology) and then go to university next year.

So thats me. An athiest who wants to dissuade people against religion.
RE: Hi all
You could save time by just shooting them.

(Don't try this at home, kids.)

And welcome. I'm the shy, quiet one sitting in the back.
Welcome Big Grin

May I suggest the problem wasn't with the Torah Wink

Just been reading some wonderful stuff on those books by Gordon Wenham and John Walton
It is necessary to read bits of that shit just so you know how crazy the other side is. Do read a bit of the koran...and then go on to the book of mormon.

And don't forget scientology.
Chillax and welcome.
Welcome to the forums
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Was going to say something intelligent, but that would be commanding a tool above my station.

Welcome...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2142 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3930 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora