Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
g'day all
g'day all
g'day all, I feel like it is necessary for me to do this. I suppose I should explain my views on religion.

It is more the organised establishment of religions that I find abhorrent and the way that faith can influence you to do, what most people would consider, morally wrong acts.

I grew up with schools forcing collective worship upon me. I was frequently in trouble for not praying and singing hymns. I suppose this is one of the reasons I loathe religion so much.

Anyway, just give your thoughts and such and I hope to be debating for a long time to come.
Cunt
RE: g'day all
No doubt. Churches gave religion its bad name.
Yeah, that is why it is the focus of my criticism.
Cunt
I'm going to not pay attention to what your post said so that I can welcome you.

Welcome Heart

And now I'm not interested in reading it.

Oh well, have fun. I know I'm not about to. I get to splice rope. That is not fun. You may think it is fun. And then you have no idea what splicing rope involves. Wheee. Fun. Having a blast already. And I need to call up a doctor in anchorage and make an appointment. Blarg... this adulthood thing is overrated.

And you... new guy: come in, and know us better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_8kmOmxyk

And this is not an exaggeration.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Hi.
Welcome to the forums.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
First. Welcome to frankie

and to Sae -

wtf? Lately I can hardly understand a single one of your posts.

I mean, you've always been weird, but damn, this shit is incoherent.

Confusedhock:
[Image: Evolution.png]

@Cinjin:

Fill in the blanks here:

Oh well, have fun. I know I'm not about to. I get to splice rope. That is not fun. You may think it is fun. And then you have no idea what splicing rope involves. Wheee. Fun. Having a blast already. And I need to call up a doctor in anchorage and make an appointment. Blarg... this adulthood thing is overrated.

And you get:

Enjoy your time here. I'm not going to enjoy myself here soon, as I won't be here to do it. I will be doing something that is not fun (splicing rope). Splicing rope is absolutely not fun. Emphasizing: not fun. Sarcastic suggestion that it will be fun. A note to myself about another not fun thing I have to do. A complaint.

The rest is perfectly understandable Smile
(May 13, 2011 at 10:54 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: @Cinjin:

Fill in the blanks here:

And you get:

Enjoy your time here. I'm not going to enjoy myself here soon, as I won't be here to do it. I will be doing something that is not fun (splicing rope). Splicing rope is absolutely not fun. Emphasizing: not fun. Sarcastic suggestion that it will be fun. A note to myself about another not fun thing I have to do. A complaint.

The rest is perfectly understandable Smile

I suppose. What about the crazy video? How does it all come together??
(You may consider those rhetorical if you'ed like ... up to you.)
[Image: Evolution.png]

The video was to help out my "Come in and know us better", and to present what an awesome place he has to look forward to Heart

It is no exaggeration of our craziness and awesomeness and capacity to burst into song Tiger

Edit: And so, it ultimately comes together as a precaution, a welcome, and and as a test to see how he handles crazy Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2105 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  A good day to you all... Brunitski 13 3341 July 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Brunitski
  G'day all. affirmedatheist 12 2844 March 30, 2011 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious