Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
7 Animals that are Evolving Right Before Our Eyes
7 Animals that are Evolving Right Before Our Eyes

I never thought I'd have a reason to link a Cracked article here, but this was pretty neat & great ammo against any evolution deniers

7 Animals That Are Evolving Right Before Our Eyes.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: 7 Animals that are Evolving Right Before Our Eyes
Nice find, Jaysyn.....of course the shitstains will deny it.
Related story...in the sense that creationists will deny it, too.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...131416.htm

Quote:Lizard Fossil Provides Missing Link to Show Body Shapes of Snakes and Limbless Lizards Evolved Independently

I can hear Waldork shrieking...."Where's my crocoduck?"

That's really interesting! I want a grolar bear!
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
Uhhhmmm... yes. Yes.
HOLY SHIT! that one with the snake with midget arms is incredible, how can idiots deny this is evolution in action?

Oh and dogs which travel the subway? that's just damn fuckin cool.
The cry is "But that's not real Evolution, it's micro-evolution!!!"

Not realising that the only difference is the time frame.

But then, that is the only real issue with Evolution for the cretinists.

Because for it to work requires millions of years, and that is what really upsets them.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
That's not evolution. Where are the transitional fossils? Why aren't we seeing a half-elephant, half-subway dog?[/fundie]

The elephant thing really makes sense, since if the poachers aren't killing the elephants without tusks, they will be the ones most likely to survive and pass on their genes. This is a prime example of how evolution occurs, even if it is at the hands of man, but it would still be an excellent example if the tusked elephants were being targeted by a different animal species.

And the dogs? Well, what can I say besides that dogs are smart? Any dog owner will tell you that.

Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(May 20, 2011 at 4:10 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: And the dogs? Well, what can I say besides that dogs are smart? Any dog owner will tell you that.

D'ya reckon that's evolution though? or simply adapting to situations, because they aren't exactly growing any extra limbs if you know what I mean Tongue
I doubt the dog thing has anything at all to do with Evolution specifically... What we have are smart dogs... not surprised they can figure it out.
(May 20, 2011 at 4:14 pm)Napoleon666 Wrote:
(May 20, 2011 at 4:10 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: And the dogs? Well, what can I say besides that dogs are smart? Any dog owner will tell you that.

D'ya reckon that's evolution though? or simply adapting to situations, because they aren't exactly growing any extra limbs if you know what I mean Tongue

Adaptation to different situations or perhaps environments. Hmmm, what does that remind me of? It's on the tip of my tongue..

[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I may have posted the before. This is totally disturbing to me. brewer 6 1046 April 12, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Influenza is not just changing; it is evolving! Jehanne 10 797 March 5, 2018 at 12:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  An Evolutionary Connection Between Plants and Animals? Rhondazvous 2 1012 February 18, 2016 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Genetic study suggest Polynesians had contact with Native Americans before Columbus Anomalocaris 0 907 October 26, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The ethics of cloning extinct animals BrokenQuill92 36 7129 June 20, 2014 at 11:11 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  What could someone take before anesthesia to die? leodeo 4 1213 April 14, 2014 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Sexual relationships in animals vs. humans Kayenneh 6 2925 March 29, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Swallows Seem To Be Evolving to Avoid Cars pocaracas 34 6876 March 24, 2013 at 7:06 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Does the existance of Self Aware animals futher question the whole Creationsim argumet pop_punks_not_dead 10 8195 February 14, 2013 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: pop_punks_not_dead
  Albino animals Something completely different 1 5177 February 9, 2013 at 12:53 am
Last Post: justin