Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Man Crucifies Himself
Man Crucifies Himself
I wish I was joking...

http://www.disinfo.com/2011/05/south-kor...on-easter/

Why would someone even dream let alone carry out this awful method of execution upon themselves? "Because some people are bat-shit insane" doesn't seem to be an acceptable answer anymore, not in this day and age, and yet religious nutjobs prove me wrong everyday at reaching a whole new calibre of stupid previously thought not possible.

How much life is wasted to religion?
RE: Man Crucifies Himself

one less religious pyscopath to worry about killing you and your family. Goodbye dumbass!
[Image: Evolution.png]

This just makes me realise more and more how fucking great the human race would be if we just got rid of the cancer that is religion. We are progressing now past the stage of having to have fairy tales govern our lives, imagine if the millions of people devoted to religion were instead devoted to scientific advances, we could achieve such great things!
Hmmm, perhaps it is more disturbing to reflect on the possibility that Jesus himself may well have been as disturbed a nutcase as this south korean man, and guage the changes in one's estimate of mankind to think how many of your fellow humans stooped to worship such a sorry specimen.
(May 19, 2011 at 5:02 pm)Chuck Wrote: Hmmm, perhaps it is more disturbing to reflect on the possibility that Jesus himself may well have been as disturbed a nutcase as this south korean man, and guage the changes in one's estimate of mankind to think how many of your fellow humans stooped to worship such a sorry specimen.

I wonder about that often.
It is nice to see a man who is willing to walk fully in Jesus Christ's footsteps, literally.
undefined
(May 19, 2011 at 8:04 pm)Atman Wrote: It is nice to see a man who is willing to walk fully in Jesus Christ's footsteps, literally.

Wouldn't the world be better if every christian walks literally in Jesus' footstep. What remains would surely be a more heavenly kingdom.

Good riddance.

No one that stupid deserves to live.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
Darwin award nomination.Big Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(May 19, 2011 at 8:04 pm)Atman Wrote: It is nice to see a man who is willing to walk fully in Jesus Christ's footsteps, literally.

Killing yourself literally to please God is demeaning his sacrifice for us and a waste of a life, whatever that life's intrinsic value. Death is a necessary thing, it's also a sometime sad thing, but wasting a life should never be lauded.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 24823 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god Foxaèr 51 2969 August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate