Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devilish Christian's
Devilish Christian's
The more I go to a pentacostal church with my friend, the more I begin to see the psychologically tainted philosphy in their preaching. I feel bad because their children are learning to hate those who don't agree with their religion or do thing's that go against it. They all happen to be conservative, right wing, blinded, narrow minded, republican, racist and sexist.

The other day they were talking about the devil sending immigrints and gay's to their community to try and corrupt them. The poor kid's were saying how much they hated gay's and everyone else just said hallelujah. The paster began to preach about his retirement plan and asked for donation's for keeping the church together so long "hallelujah again". Theyre all so simple minded that no matter what I say it won't cause their perspective to change, Ive even began preaching parts of the bible to try and show them how they contradict themselves and still nothing.

It will only be a matter of time untill they decide god didn't send me and turn against me. Although I have done allot for their church trying to show them you don't need god to be good, even doing some improvements to their church. I am now the focus of their sermon's because of my good act's. Yet I refuse to repent or pray, but humbly respect their customs when needed.

I will do my best, but I fear these people are turning into what their trying so hard not to be. Sad

Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
RE: Devilish Christian's
Don't waste your time with those people. If they don't grow out of their lunacy some day, the law of natural selection will take care of them.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
Saving a pentecostal from himself is a rare thing. The reason that they won't let go is because they need their "evil-destroying" god. I equate their particular brand of Christianity to doing heroin. Life just feels too meaningless without it and if you feel you're constantly treated unfairly it's even better. It's a drug that has the ability to make you feel good temporarily (3 weekly services plus extras), making the world feel "balanced", but if you don't have continuous inoculations, you start to see your reality for what it is. Until one day it kills you and/or someone else.

For many of the christians I personally know - it's just an excuse disguised as godliness to be the loser they always were.

[Image: Evolution.png]

Get some petrol and a lighter, that should make them come to reason.
(May 21, 2011 at 9:28 am)Napoleon666 Wrote: Get some petrol and a lighter, that should make them come to reason.

[Image: bizarrobelieverjerkcolor-630x750.jpg]
Quote:I feel bad because their children are learning to hate those who don't agree with their religion or do thing's that go against it.

That's why religion exists.

Quote:"Creeds have been the bane of the Christian church ... made of Christendom a slaughter-house."
-- Thomas Jefferson
(May 21, 2011 at 9:18 am)Cinjin Cain Wrote: Saving a pentecostal from himself is a rare thing. The reason that they won't let go is because they need their "evil-destroying" god. I equate their particular brand of Christianity to doing heroin. Life just feels too meaningless without it and if you feel you're constantly treated unfairly it's even better. It's a drug that has the ability to make you feel good temporarily (3 weekly services plus extras), making the world feel "balanced", but if you don't have continuous inoculations, you start to see your reality for what it is. Until one day it kills you and/or someone else.

For many of the christians I personally know - it's just an excuse disguised as godliness to be the loser they always were.

Im really just trying to pull my aunt and friend's out of it with no success so far.

Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
They'll just pull him back harder. It's a shame that preaching hate and fear still works on people. Have him look into the holiness movement or study the "perfect Love casteth out fear" verses in the Bible. They'll probably end up ignoring ones that don't belong, but at least it 's planting the seed.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(May 21, 2011 at 4:46 am)JohnDG Wrote:

But... why do you go to church??

P.S. you can't change the world.

(May 21, 2011 at 9:18 am)Cinjin Cain Wrote: Saving a pentecostal from himself is a rare thing. The reason that they won't let go is because they need their "evil-destroying" god. I equate their particular brand of Christianity to doing heroin. Life just feels too meaningless without it and if you feel you're constantly treated unfairly it's even better. It's a drug that has the ability to make you feel good temporarily (3 weekly services plus extras), making the world feel "balanced", but if you don't have continuous inoculations, you start to see your reality for what it is. Until one day it kills you and/or someone else.

From my experiences and what I know, a "church" creates a strong bondage between man and it (i.e. the building), you know, the way a pilgrim regards a "holy site". They (i.e. pastor, then every attendee) use words for it such as "The House of God", "The House of the Lord" to infest in their minds the greatness and utter importance of attending, every time. They also say that "God is among us", and stress that God can be found only in the church, among them (not with these words, but this is how it is strongly suggested). The "church" creates mental chains in a man's mind, so that he becomes a prisoner & slave of the "church" and comes to care very much about the opinion of the people in the church to how he is - i.e. if he is regarded as having heretical views or as doing things that the "church" forbids, which makes the mob look ugly at him, then he does everything he thinks he must in order to be according to the mob's will and views (which he understands as God's will and the Truth). And the people of the mob are called "saints" in the church (i.e. they call themselves saints). Even if he comes to see the hypocrisy and stupidity and blindly trusting of the pastor of the mob, along with all the other things, there is still a strong chain (mental chain) that makes him attend the church again, and again and to give importance to how the people in the church see him. Years need to pass for that to go away.

The fact is: the longer he 'lived' in the "church", the harder it will be for him to get out (even to impossibility, after a number of years and an age). And the greatest horror is that the children that are born in such families are forced since little, all the doctrines and beliefs and are put the chains on their minds (even by force and violence), which makes it much harder for them to get out. Instead, they spread the disease to their descendants, so the madness never goes away.

(May 21, 2011 at 2:45 pm)JohnDG Wrote: Im really just trying to pull my aunt and friend's out of it with no success so far.

Perhaps you should try to see to what they are bound most.
If they put "church" before everything, then most surely you will never succeed anything. If they put "God" before "church" (which implies, they make a difference between the two), they study the bible at home and would put their own views before the church's views, then they may be more susceptible to leaving the church than leaving God. Otherwise, if they are superficial regarding religion and God (which does not seem, from what you said), then I believe they may turn atheist.

P.S. I've heard the saying "the world comes in the church", which actually means to them "the people in the church turn in the way the people of outside are". Though what you said seems to be different than this. As about "gay christian", that sounds paradoxical to me (I guess everybody understands why). The same absurd seems to me for a gay to ask a religious wedding with another gay.